Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

For all the talk of Pep’s Barca being one of the all-time great sides for their offensive play, can you argue Simeone’s Atleti should be credited in the same bracket for their defensive setup?

Its not exciting, but it’s nigh-on perfect.

I don't enjoy it as much now, but there were a couple of years when Godin was at his peak that their defending was genuinely entertaining imo.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

That’s a pen that.

”Macca” would be spewing if Otamendi did that to Salah at 2-1 down.

I don't ever want that to be a pen tbh. Mcmanamanamanaman's absolutely right. He definitely would be calling for it if it was on Salah though.

34 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

28 goals in 26 starts for Nuñez this season. Sign him.

Liverpool's excellence has probably played a part in Diaz taking to the PL like a duck to water, but if players from Portugal are indeed well suited to English football as well, Nunez should be our number 1 summer target.

Atletico probably defended better there than they have in a lot of their more famous results over the years. Foden did a few brilliant things when he went on. Grealish really wound them up

Yeah, I'd go Everton win as that means Burnley stay 10 behind us with only 1 game in hand 

Obviously I hope we can win on Friday, followed by Leeds bearing Watford on Saturday and then Norwich beating Burnley on Sunday 

That would be the ideal set of results