Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol::lol: He has a win percentage over 72% in the 3 best leagues in the world. He won 3 titles in a row with Barcelona, then Bayern and has won 3 out of 4 with City. 9 domestic cups in those leagues. He's won the Champions League twice. 

He has also created the greatest team of all time, revolutionised the game from a tactical point of view, improved players where ever he has a been.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s arguably the best manager of all time, he’s obviously going to get big jobs and have big money to spend. 

no chance too think of two Wenger and Sir Fergie roast him

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

He has also created the greatest team of all time, revolutionised the game from a tactical point of view, improved players where ever he has a been.

re his Barca team - that was a pure Pep creation as you say - he basically introduced Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique (and Messi) to the world - was a thing of beauty 

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, astraguy said:

no chance too think of two Wenger and Sir Fergie roast him

He roasted fergie in his first season in top flight management.  :lol:

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s arguably the best manager of all time, he’s obviously going to get big jobs and have big money to spend. 

In terms of the impact on the game of football, no doubt about it. But whether it is correct or not, there will always be a working class "Did he really earn it" aspect to how managers are evaluated in football. He needs a "against all odds, how did he pull that off" managerial achievement on his CV - "Sir Alex at Aberdeen, Wenger at Arsenal, Rafa at Valencia and Istanbul, Klopp at Dortmund, Mourinho at Porto". Not that he needs that but until he has that, that will always be used against him by his detractors.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

He roasted fergie in his first season in top flight management.  :lol:

Then got roasted by Fergie for the rest of his time there. I love Wenger btw, and Pep is undoubtedly a world greatest of all time type managers, but tactically he has major flaws. I rate Klopp higher.

6 minutes ago, Mikky said:

re his Barca team - that was a pure Pep creation as you say - he basically introduced Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique (and Messi) to the world - was a thing of beauty 

Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi were already in the team before Pep, but they definitely played their best football under him. Pique was a Man U reject, Busquets was indeed brought through by Pep, who had first managed him with the b side i think.

The way that team would pass the ball though. I doubt we’ll see anything like it again. 

3 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

In terms of the impact on the game of football, no doubt about it. But whether it is correct or not, there will always be a working class "Did he really earn it" aspect to how managers are evaluated in football. He needs a "against all odds, how did he pull that off" managerial achievement on his CV - "Sir Alex at Aberdeen, Wenger at Arsenal, Rafa at Valencia and Istanbul, Klopp at Dortmund, Mourinho at Porto". Not that he needs that but until he has that, that will always be used against him by his detractors.

At some point he has said he wants to go back to Brescia where he played in Italy

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Then got roasted by Fergie for the rest of his time there. I love Wenger btw, and Pep is undoubtedly a world greatest of all time type managers, but tactically he has major flaws. I rate Klopp higher.

When did Pep get roasted by Fergie? 

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Wenger won 4 league titles in 30 years of management. Not going to deny the massive contributions to football in the PL he made but he wasnt as good as Pep has been. This argument is silly.

If you look at trophies and impact on football, Pep is definitely ahead.

But let us say it is 2015 and Brendan Rodgers has just been fired at Liverpool. If I had the choice to pick a 1996 Wenger or a 2008 Pep, I would pick, 1996 Wenger every time. His achievements from 1997 to 2004 were off the scale on the budget he had- the transfers, the explosive style of football merging physicality and technique, etc. Yes, Pep has more trophies, but Wenger is the reason Arsenal have a brand new stadium :)

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Word is all 21 goals this season against Norwich. ;)

image.thumb.png.7672ed5f12084fd9556620a7196842c6.png

Just 4 of them, which is just less than 1/3 of his goals in the PL this season. 

11 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi were already in the team before Pep, but they definitely played their best football under him. Pique was a Man U reject, Busquets was indeed brought through by Pep, who had first managed him with the b side i think.

The way that team would pass the ball though. I doubt we’ll see anything like it again. 

they actually weren’t in the team - Barca’s front 6 was Van Bommel, Edmilson, Deco then Guily, Eto’o and Ronaldinho tops in Rijaards final season and this was the front 6 that won the CL 12 months prior 

Granted Messi was introduced more and more - Xavi was contemplating leaving and Iniesta was just a fringe player 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

One of the worst attitudes in PL history him. Loads of talent just half arsed it most weeks. My mate is a manure “fan” and was laughing when he seen we were in the odds to sign him. I said to him he genuinely wouldn’t get in our team he’s too much of a bad egg, the exact type of player you don’t want when you are trying to progress.

Guest neesy111
27 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I'm talking of pep, not Wenger.