Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This Real side lack quality, but they're as resilient as they come.

Kind of disagree. They have quality going forward with two of the world's most inform players, they're just very shaky at the back.  Their best defender is Militao who is either great or horrible. They do lack depth though, Carvajal has for the past 135minutes played right-back, left-back and central defender :lol: 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah totally agree. If anyone wanted to study striker’s movement, Benzema is world class. He’s amazing 

Should've had 2 or 3 tonight again, his finishing just wasn't there and yet he bagged the winner. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Some big games in the promotion and relegation battles today, Boro kick off at half 12 for anyone interested 

Fucking Hope Boro lose. Rather have the mackems back up then those fucking ‘wannabe’ rivalry cunts .

Lets say they don’t postpone their home game against, you have their fans chucking bricks at you from bridges around the stadium.

15 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Just put on the PSG game. Ridiculously bad atmosphere. Like non existent.

Doesn't TV do that though? Just wondering why. One idea may be that it maintains the idea that the fans in your own country are better than the fans elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Haven’t seen one of these for ages. Fuck knows why Bamba didn’t head it or knee it back.

Any idea what the rules are? Feel like it could have been a red for the keeper

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Doesn't TV do that though? Just wondering why. One idea may be that it maintains the idea that the fans in your own country are better than the fans elsewhere.

Bad language filters probably have something to do with the muffling. Watching a playback of our game and it sounds fairly flat yet was a good buzz most of the game stood in the strawberry corner.

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Any idea what the rules are? Feel like it could have been a red for the keeper

Nah not at all, cant remember ever seeing anyone carded for it though. Usually not that blatant though.

Justice probably done now.

I was just going to ask what everyone's thoughts were on Boro. Whether you'd like them up for a more local match than say Luton, or whether you might want another season of being the only Premier League club in the region so the gap will be much bigger if / when they do come up, whether they are completely insignificant to you, or whether you don't like them at all.

I see Stiffler certainly has his opinion [emoji38] . I don't really mind them to be honest, and probably would want them back up at some point soon, just for a more local / Northern side up there, but maybe once we are more established, just to alleviate the chances of any 'top dogs' stuff their fans might try to manufacture.

It'll be a huge blow if they were to lose today.

10 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I was just going to ask what everyone's thoughts were on Boro. Whether you'd like them up for a more local match than say Luton, or whether you might want another season of being the only Premier League club in the region so the gap will be much bigger if / when they do come up, whether they are completely insignificant to you, or whether you don't like them at all.

I see Stiffler certainly has his opinion [emoji38] . I don't really mind them to be honest, and probably would want them back up at some point soon, just for a more local / Northern side up there, but maybe once we are more established, just to alleviate the chances of any 'top dogs' stuff their fans might try to manufacture.

It'll be a huge blow if they were to lose today.

Id like as few London based clubs as possible.

Probably a couple of other PL teams I have less time for than the Boro but none the less I’d prefer to keep them down in the Championship haemorrhaging money where they belong. 

There does need to a cull of middling Southern clubs in the PL though. Brentford, Watford etc.

Just looking at the table, while it's still a long shot, especially with Bruce, and they would need at least 10 points from their last 4 games, probably 12, which isn't likely, but, with Sheff Utd stuttering, Blackburn being poor for ages, Middlesbrough with only one point from their last 3 games, and behind here, WBA are only 5 points off the playoffs and could ask a few questions if results continue to go for them today. Hopefully Forest will beat them on Sky tonight to effectively end any tiny hope.

Boro is a weird one. They're not really a rival, and I don't mind them. I'm not really sure they do have a rival.

But it's usually a decent match-day atmosphere when we play them, and it's not that far for away fans to travel, so I'd be quite happy to see them promoted.

In fact, there'd be extra fewm if they went above the Mackems on Look North coverage, so get them up.

Edited by Abacus

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

In fact, there'd be extra fewm if they went above the Mackems on Look North coverage, so get them up.

This would be amusing although given that the Mackems have spent far more seasons in Division 3 and other lower leagues than Boro it should always be the case that they’re in the round up with Carlisle, Harrogate & Berwick.

4 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Boro is a weird one. They're not really a rival, and I don't mind them. I'm not really sure they do have a rival.

But it's usually a decent match-day atmosphere when we play them, and it's not that far for away fans to travel, so I'd be quite happy to see them promoted.

Yeah, you get the perks of Sunderland- nearby- without the stress of being really that arsed if we get beat against them. It can’t just be me that has never met a single of their fans. Would be quite happy to see them promoted.