Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

BT Sport's coverage of CL gets rancid with it's English team love in. You'd think the opposition were just minnows the way they go on, whether it's Villarreal, Bayern, Ludogorets or Real Madrid.

Its so frustrating and condescending.

It’s fascinating to see the different tactical approaches taken by both managers of the two Spanish sides going to two best teams in the world right now. Madrid just went punch for punch with City, whereas Villarreal (I know they aren’t the same calibre as Madrid) have just come and stuck everyone behind the ball. Both completely different approaches look as though they will have worked after the first leg 

Just now, andyc35i said:

It’s fascinating to see the different tactical approaches taken by both managers of the two Spanish sides going to two best teams in the world right now. Madrid just went punch for punch with City, whereas Villarreal (I know they aren’t the same calibre as Madrid) have just come and stuck everyone behind the ball. Both completely different approaches look as though they will have worked after the first leg 

Madrid wanted a shoot out. Kroos, Modric, Valverde is not a serious midfield 3. They wanted a bonanza and got one.  

villareal are playing extremely hard working football.  Tremendously well organised. Wish they were more direct on the counter. 

Incredibly impressive from Villareal and Emery.

The fact the new owners at Newcastle ended up with Emery and Howe at the final stage of their review process for a new manager, is really promising for their approach to things going forward.

Just now, KaKa said:

Incredibly impressive from Villareal and Emery.

The fact the new owners at Newcastle ended up with Emery and Howe at the final stage of their review process for a new manager, is really promising for their approach to things going forward.

This has been amazing run by them. They fully deserved to knock out Bayern and they are doing alright here too.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

God, come on Villerreal. Would be so mint if they dumped these lot out of it. 

I really like their chances.

All they need is a break away the other way, with Liverpool either committing too many forward or losing concentration, which is going to become more likely as the game goes on, and they'll get them.

Danjuma and Chukwueze upfront are very dangerous players to have breaking the other way in space, and if they get the opportunity to do so later on, Liverpool are in for a world of trouble.

1 minute ago, NUFCPAUL said:

Anyone else glad they didn't get Emery watching this?

He's a more structured and defensive minded manager for sure, but it doesn't always necessary look quite this negative, but he knows he can't take too many chances against this Liverpool team, especially as his team just doesn't have anywhere near the level of talent.

Really thrilled with Howe though, and think he was ultimately the perfect manager for Newcastle.

2 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I can't stand Michael Owen, his voice just does my head in...muted the twat. 

Comes out with stuff the average punter would say in the pub too