Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Watching that Chelsea and Man United game, with the right signings, dare I say we could be right around them both next season?

Chelsea still look quite good, but there's going to be a bit of an exodus this summer, and they've completely messed up with Lukaku, and so still don't have a reliable striker up front, which really costs them.

And Man Utd are just a complete and utter mess at the minute, and will really need ten Hag to be really exceptional right out of the gate, which is possible I guess, but I'm not sure it will happen at all, as the club is in such disarray.

Going to be such an interesting summer and upcoming season.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Watching that Chelsea and Man United game, with the right signings, dare I say we could be right around them both next season?

Chelsea still look quite good, but there's going to be a bit of an exodus this summer, and they've completely messed up with Lukaku, and so still don't have a reliable striker up front, which really costs them.

And Man Utd are just a complete and utter mess at the minute, and will really need ten Hag to be really exceptional right out of the gate, which is possible I guess, but I'm not sure it will happen at all, as the club is in such disarray.

Going to be such an interesting summer and upcoming season.

Agreed. My opinion for a number of years has been that the league is extremely open if you take out Liverpool and Manchester City. Obviously the other sides historically finishing at the top end of the table are ahead of us, but I think the 4 - 8 positions are something we can easily end up challenging sooner rather than later 

There's no reason we can't be in and amongst between 8th and 4th next season if, and it's a big if, we can get our signings spot on. Leicester will be having a mini overhaul themselves so could be going through a difficult transitional phase, Wolves seem to have tailed off recently and didn't look special at all when we beat them at SJP, Villa have been poor for the most part for a couple months now and Manchester United have been absolutely awful this season though they still have better players than us in most areas and it remains to be seen whether ten Hag can hit the ground running.

Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham will still be up there I think. Spurs have a much better side but some of it is dependent on Conte, Arsenal have a good nucleus of young players now despite that they can have the odd brainfart and it remains to be seen what happens at West Ham in the summer.

I think we can target 7th next season assuming we can get our signings right. ~60 points would be a great return and a great improvement.  

QPR vs Sheffield United coming up on Sky. QPR have fallen away from the playoff picture in recent weeks / months, but Sheff Utd will have one foot in them if they can take the 3 points.

Boro, Blackburn, and (still just about) Millwall fans watching closely.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

With QPR 1 up, could be an interesting last week of the championship season, few teams in the mix for the playoffs 

Sheff Utd just equalized (been coming). Total one-way traffic this half. 

On 28/04/2022 at 22:18, HaydnNUFC said:

There's no reason we can't be in and amongst between 8th and 4th next season if, and it's a big if, we can get our signings spot on. Leicester will be having a mini overhaul themselves so could be going through a difficult transitional phase, Wolves seem to have tailed off recently and didn't look special at all when we beat them at SJP, Villa have been poor for the most part for a couple months now and Manchester United have been absolutely awful this season though they still have better players than us in most areas and it remains to be seen whether ten Hag can hit the ground running.

Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham will still be up there I think. Spurs have a much better side but some of it is dependent on Conte, Arsenal have a good nucleus of young players now despite that they can have the odd brainfart and it remains to be seen what happens at West Ham in the summer.

I think we can target 7th next season assuming we can get our signings right. ~60 points would be a great return and a great improvement.  

By my calculation we’ve beaten every team from 8th to 20th (apart from Watford who scored in 90th minute) in the last 3 months or so. We absolutely should be looking to challenge in the top 7 next season.