Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

I love how Neville thinks Man Utd not being great for a few years is some great tragedy. I wish they could fall off completely for a couple of decades so they can see what mediocrity is really like, but the financials won’t allow it.

I remember scoffing at the idea of Herrera being a player Man United could win the title with. For it to now be Fred and the claim just being that he's underrated maybe tells its own story about the club's regression, I dunno.

:thup: Posts, @Pata

The Conference League is a rare triumph for the powers that be. I just wish it wasn't titled in such a way that defines it as a lesser thing. Guess it's to protect the 'eliteness' of the other brands.

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I love how Neville thinks Man Utd not being great for a few years is some great tragedy. I wish they could fall off completely for a couple of decades so they can see what mediocrity is really like, but the financials won’t allow it.

It's all relative isn't it? All Neville knows is Manchester United domination. This is mediocrity in comparison. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

It's all relative isn't it? All Neville knows is Manchester United domination. This is mediocrity in comparison. 

They’ve been around 120 years and i’m sure haven’t been brilliant every one of those years.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

A lot of clubs have been successful in the past but have hit on hard times, even sliding down to the lower leagues. The financials involved in the modern game mean Man Utd won’t have the same fate. They’re going to blow a 9 figure number on transfers every season until they start winning trophies again, they’ll be fine, unfortunately.

Neville's not wrong, it's the blatant bias, stubbornness, and "This is Manchester United!"-ness that he's seemingly oblivious to that grates on people more than anything I think. He's not the only one either.

Ex-Liverpool players were like that in the '90s and I remember wondering as a kid why so much time was being devoted to a club who never felt anywhere near challenging. Presumably kids are wondering the same thing about Man United now.

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Neville's not wrong, it's the blatant bias, stubbornness, and "This is Manchester United!"-ness that he's seemingly oblivious to that grates on people more than anything I think. He's not the only one either.

Ex-Liverpool players were like that in the '90s and I remember wondering as a kid why so much time was being devoted to a club who never felt anywhere near challenging. Presumably kids are wondering the same thing about Man United now.

Scholes is even worse for this. Unbearable.

Neville was part of something quite unique with the Ferguson era.

You can say what you like about Ferguson (his 'wee'-club comments and so on), but his achievements are unquestionable.

Well, the "Fergie" era is long gone and I think it will take something really drastic (i.e. change of ownership) to make them challenge for the thropies consistently again.

In the mean time, clubs like our will give them a fair challenge for the top spots in the years to come.

9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

It was the 3rd tier European trophy.  

European Cup

Cup Winners Cup

Fairs Cup

Fairs Cup normally had 2-3 of the top teams (from different cities) from each country. Look at the clubs in the Fairs Cup the year we won it compared to the CWC the same season for example.