Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Religious fanatics have an actual mental disorder as opposed to the people Gueye is refusing to support. PSG should send him to reparative therapy camp so he can live free of the chains of a book of silly stories.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Religious fanatics have an actual mental disorder as opposed to the people Gueye is refusing to support. PSG should send him to reparative therapy camp so he can live free of the chains of a book of silly stories.

That's interesting. I would argue that the majority of them just have their beliefs that they follow privately, and keep to themselves, while treating everyone the same.

The level of disdain you have for their personal beliefs is akin to the level of disdain you imagine they all have for LGBTQ people, so really what's the difference. It's all ego and everyone thinking they have all the answers and have everything all figured out.

36 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I mean how naive are you guys really.

Think it's you tbh Kaka. Totally agree that BLM and taking the knee has become a co-opted gesture from inherently racist institutions, but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone in the crowd applauding rainbow laces and taking the knee are the same people then throwing around homophobia and racism. Dunno if you realise but the bigots in the U.K don't really hide it.

Religion is indoctrinated into you from birth in most instances. You're literally brain washed. If nobody told you about some divine energy, you'd never think about it.

LGBTQ+ people are never indoctrinated (despite what lunatic ring wing nut jobs tries to say) and finds it out on their own.

Big difference. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think it's you tbh Kaka. Totally agree that BLM and taking the knee has become a co-opted gesture from inherently racist institutions, but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone in the crowd applauding rainbow laces and taking the knee are the same people then throwing around homophobia and racism. Dunno if you realise but the bigots in the U.K don't really hide it.

There will always be those that are open about it, sure.

However, if you really think, there aren't a bunch of people that go along with this sort of stuff for the optics, and then practice something else, then I don't know what to say really.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Religion is indoctrinated into you from birth in most instances. You're literally brain washed. If nobody told you about some divine energy, you'd never think about it.

LGBTQ+ people are never indoctrinated (despite what lunatic ring wing nut jobs tries to say) and finds it out on their own.

Big difference. 

I mean, ultimately, you're just completely married to your belief system while being completely dismissive and intolerant of other people's experiences and beliefs. And I guess that's fair enough. Now as long as no one is mistreating anyone else based off of any of that, then can we all just get on with things. We'll all be dead soon enough anyway and then we'll all know for certain.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There will always be those that are open about it, sure.

However, if you really think, there aren't a bunch of people that go along with this sort of stuff for the optics, and then practice something else, then I don't know what to say really.

Sure, but not to the extent that they're the same people then hurling abuse when the same optics are there.

Just now, Conjo said:

You got it wrong Kaka, I'm not a believer.

Well, that's fine man. Let's leave all this.

Just want to be able to enjoy a bit of football, so lets do that.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Sure, but not to the extent that they're the same people then hurling abuse when the same optics are there.

I've seen it before, unfortunately. Once the emotions kick in and people get wound up over whatever. All sorts of madness goes down.

But anyway I'm going to leave this now, because honestly, I find it all quite depressing.

Just now, KaKa said:

I've seen it before, unfortunately. Once the emotions kick in and people get wound up over whatever. All sorts of madness goes down.

But anyway I'm going to leave this now, because honestly, I find it all quite depressing.

In England? Honestly my only point really is that you can spot the bigots a mile off, they're proud of it and at best just don't join in clapping.

Happy to leave it :thup: