Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Love the new season optimism. I can just about convince myself that we’re competing against Arsenal and not Palace, and root for A CP equalizer.   Past seasons I’d be looking for Arsenal to destroy whoever they played just so there were three clubs worse off than us.

Edited by gazza ladra

Thoughts so far?

Arsenal look lively but perhaps too open at the back? I still don't like Xhaka and Partey.

Palace look pretty much where they were last year. Reckon they will struggle away from home but have good home form.

13 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Drury is such a duck egg, wish he'd piss off back to Radio and leave comms to someone worth listening to

Worse than Tyler? I’m not having that like. His OTT analogies and descriptions are a bit tiresome, mind. But at least he sounds like he wants to be there. Tyler has been phoning it in for years. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Worse than Tyler? I’m not having that like. His OTT analogies and descriptions are a bit tiresome, mind. But at least he sounds like he wants to be there. Tyler has been phoning it in for years. 

Luckily not getting Tyler here on USA channel, he is insufferable like, has been for years

Guest HTT II

Saliba and Eze look like decent players. White, 50m for that shite [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

He actually called Zaha "Wilf" earlier, wanted to kick the television in 

:anguish: He has a weird fan club that think he's some sort of linguistic thespian, rather than the most obviously contrived, pretentious and condescending ear aids. Can't stand him.

Just now, Jaqen said:

Zinchenko has been skinned a few times fairly easily. 

Was always the worry for Arsenal fans. Well, the ones being realistic. Often looked suspect defensively for City. And that was playing for the most dominant, possession based team in the country/world. 

Andersen just casually pinging it about like a prime Xabi Alonso. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

:anguish: He has a weird fan club that think he's some sort of linguistic thespian, rather than the most obviously contrived, pretentious and condescending ear aids. Can't stand him.

It wasn't too bad when he was one of those Radio 5 football analysts and had a 60 second summary of a game to offer. Having him commentate on a 90 minute game is just intolerable. "linguistic thespian" is a good call, i'm sure he feels that way about himself the fucking creep. Some of his proclamations make me want to puke instantly. A commentator really shouldn't make anyone feel this way :lol: