Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

These are the worst two Old Firm sides I've seen in my lifetime. Shame there's no real money up there for one of the others to exploit it.

Think you've picked the wrong time with this comment tbh, 3/4 years ago I'd have 100% agree, the quality wasn't there and with it being a one horse race, the best team in the league had no real reason to try and improve, but I don't know itt feels like the league is on the up again ATM, Rangers have had several decent Europa League campaign, and Celtic did alright-ish in the Champions League last season.

Still think you're right in that they'd be relegation fodder, the quality may have gotten better, but it's still not particularly good :lol:

Yeah I mean this/last year’s Rangers side is clearly miles better than any they’ve had in the preceding decade - considering they had to start again from div 3. Personally think it’s arguably better than those sides they had from 2007-12ish too tbh. 

No doubt that there’s far less finances than there was in the 90s and early 2000s though.

6 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Not good for DCL as a lot of his game relies on physical attributes.

Don't think I know of a physical striker known for their heading prowess to not be injury prone? Duncan Ferguson, Andy Carroll, DCL. It must be like tall fast bowlers in cricket who get injured because of the impact of the landing from the jump. 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What’s the deal with Zaha these days? Is there much talk of him leaving Palace or is he there for the long haul? 

Not good enough for top 4. Too expensive for most of the 6-10. Wants to stay in London. Not leaving himself many options 🙂

Just now, LFEE said:

Not good enough for top 4. Too expensive for most of the 6-10. Wants to stay in London. Not leaving himself many options 🙂

If Maximin doesn't stick with it this season, he'll become a Zaha. Not particularly a bad thing but the star at a mid-table club with no expectations.