Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

16 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Spurs have got this horribly wrong so far, not sure what Conte is thinking

Still only 1-0 though. Chelsea should have put this to bed by now.

I don't think Spurs have been so bad, it's more a case of Chelsea being so good. They've pinned Spurs back and not allowed them out.

The defending for the goal was shite but for me that looked a tactical issue more than a gameplay issue. Still in the tie though, should be an interesting 2nd half. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Some good options on the bench for Spurs.

So is Richarlison going to be a bench option at Spurs?

Looks like Gabriel Jesus is going to lock up that lead striker role for Brazil in the lead up to the World Cup then.

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I don't think Spurs have been so bad, it's more a case of Chelsea being so good. They've pinned Spurs back and not allowed them out.

The defending for the goal was shite but for me that looked a tactical issue more than a gameplay issue. Still in the tie though, should be an interesting 2nd half. 

Spurs have had 32% possession, and just 1 shot on target and haven't even managed 1 corner all game. Think it's a shocking performance.

They should be going toe to toe with this Chelsea team at the very least, with the players they have. They've been completely outclassed.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Looks like Gabriel Jesus is going to lock up that lead striker role for Brazil in the lead up to the World Cup then.

I’d assume he will play plenty when the champions league kicks off tbh

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's not better than any of Spurs' current front 3. Were you expecting him to slot straight into their first team?

Edited by joeyt

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's not better than any of Spurs' current front 3. Were you expecting him to slot straight into their first team?

To be honest I was baffled by the signing at £60 million. Genuinely wondered if they would be switching to a back 4 to fit him in.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I mean, if Gabriel Jesus performs like this then he has to. That being said, lately it's been Neymar up top with Vini and Raphinha on each side and Paqueta right behind (playing as a 9 at times with Neymar falling deep to create) and do think it will remain that way unless Gabriel Jesus absolutely balls out coming two months. 

Just now, KaKa said:

To be honest I was baffled by the signing at £60 million. Genuinely wondered if they would be switching to a back 4 to fit him in.

They're going to play around 60 games this season + World Cup. They'll need to rotate, and the way their RWB keeps being shit the whole bunch might end up with Kulusevski moved there. They do need Richarlison today though, they look toothless upfront at the moment. Kane is basically a central midfielder. 

Just now, Flip said:

I mean, if Gabriel Jesus performs like this then he has to. That being said, lately it's been Neymar up top with Vini and Raphinha on each side and Paqueta right behind (playing as a 9 at times with Neymar falling deep to create) and do think it will remain that way unless Gabriel Jesus absolutely balls out coming two months. 

Ah, right. Interesting. Thought Richarlison had been playing as your lead striker for some reason.

Jesus is looking a great fit at Arsenal, think if he stays fit he probably makes that position his own.

Just now, KaKa said:

Ah, right. Interesting. Thought Richarlison had been playing as your lead striker for some reason.

Jesus is looking a great fit at Arsenal, think if he stays fit he probably makes that position his own.

Richarlison was out with injury and ended up losing his place. He's not talented enough to start for Brazil imo, but he does offer unbelievable work rate and that opens up space against tired legs. 

I'm not sure Jesus will start even if he keeps scoring. Same way I don't expect Bruno to start. Tite is quite rigid in that sense. However, just having players such as Jesus, Richarlison, Rodrygo, Cunha, Antony and Martinelli off the bench can be very important for Brazil at the World Cup.