Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa (13/02/2022)

Yorkie

29 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The mics are pitch side and also hang from L7. 

I don’t think it’s distorted much at all. I think people think they’re in a much better atmosphere when they’re in amongst it rather than what can actually be heard from the other side of the ground.

So many times I’ve seen opposing fans talk about how much they sung their hearts out, but it being barely audible from the Gallowgate.

Unless the whole ground joins in (which is still quite rare), it’s not that loud. I mean the atmosphere is still good, but I don’t think it’s that distorted from reality.

Aye that's why eventhough it's decent again now it's still pretty diluted compared to European grounds

34 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The mics are pitch side and also hang from L7. 

I don’t think it’s distorted much at all. I think people think they’re in a much better atmosphere when they’re in amongst it rather than what can actually be heard from the other side of the ground.

So many times I’ve seen opposing fans talk about how much they sung their hearts out, but it being barely audible from the Gallowgate.

Unless the whole ground joins in (which is still quite rare), it’s not that loud. I mean the atmosphere is still good, but I don’t think it’s that distorted from reality.

Sorry but at the end of stoppage time yesterday the whole ground was whistling and on sky you could hardly hear it.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Sorry but at the end of stoppage time yesterday the whole ground was whistling and on sky you could hardly hear it.

Kieran trippier over the wall after the goal came across loudest when I watched the highlights. Everyone was on their feet at that point as well....

15 hours ago, McCormick said:

Not at all. He was very poor positionally, on and off the ball. Made a series of errors that lead to their goal (thankfully disallowed) and offered precious little in the final third.

It’s not bias, it’s a view I have based on watching him play. I’m sure he’s a lovely lad.

Just rewatching it and it's not a series of errors, he gives the ball away then ends up covering other players, notably Buendia who Willock just ignores.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Definitely doesn't look like Trippier got stamped on by one of our lads. 

Wonder if it happened when there was all that argy-bargy type jostling in the six yard box when they had a corner just before ht?

12 minutes ago, SteV said:

Wonder if it happened when there was all that argy-bargy type jostling in the six yard box when they had a corner just before ht?

Quite possibly - their corner routines are borderline assault - proper 80s Wimbledon stuff