Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 26/02/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

Wouldn't want ASM starting even if fit if he hasn't been able to prepare for the game together with the rest of the team. He would be a great option to have on the bench though against tired Brentford legs.

Got a bit of worry about this one. Have a feeling we’re going to struggle to score, so desperately hope ASM is ready. Even if he’s on the bench, and he can come on and do similar to what he done at Burnley last season.

Be great if Toney is out. 

Given the way we've played I don't think we'll necessarily need ASM from the start to get a result here. Imagine being able to bring him off the bench with 20 / 25 mins to go if needed.

These are actually pretty shit, they're just another Sheffield United who appear to have been found out sooner.

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Got a bit of worry about this one. Have a feeling we’re going to struggle to score, so desperately hope ASM is ready. Even if he’s on the bench, and he can come on and do similar to what he done at Burnley last season.

Be great if Toney is out. 

He's bang average. We deserve relegation if we're shitting ourselves at the prospect of playing against strikers who score every 3 and a half games [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If ASM is fully fit, he has to start. I don't care how many times he's trained this week. He knows the team and his role within that.

I'm a bit unclear on when he travelled to France, but if he hasn't been part of the team preparations for Brentford he has no place in the starting line-up.

I can't see ASM being fit.  It doesn't seem like he has been fit to train with the team for the last week or two?  Only seen him doing some photo ops in the gym and he was pictured in an oxygen chamber/tent thing in Monaco just the other day?  

Guessing it will be Murphy, again.  But despite hating the square pegs and round holes under Bruce.  I am still curious to see if Willock could do a role from the left, drifting infield and being that bit further forward to support Wood.  

He's no ASM on the ball.  But he's our best dribbler in the team after him and carries a bit of a goal threat, at least.  Plus he wouldn't get the same treatment with teams doubling and trebling up on him the same way Maxi does.  

Murphy did a decent job of progressing with the ball in ASM's absence. 10 progressive carries (carrying the ball at least 5 yards) was the most on the pitch. He should play if ASM's not in.

Would be content with the same team although it would be a shame if we can't get Bruno in.

I like Murphy more than most, it seems.  I was wanting him to start over Fraser a while back!  So I wouldn't be upset if he started.  He is just still so frustrating with his decision making and slapdash attempts at passing.  It is always the sublime to ridiculous with him, usually in the same move.  He is just wildly inconsistent.  Although in his defence, he has never had a long run in the team. 

15 minutes ago, Smal said:

Murphy did a decent job of progressing with the ball in ASM's absence. 10 progressive carries (carrying the ball at least 5 yards) was the most on the pitch. He should play if ASM's not in.

Would be content with the same team although it would be a shame if we can't get Bruno in.

10 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I like Murphy more than most, it seems.  I was wanting him to start over Fraser a while back!  So I wouldn't be upset if he started.  He is just still so frustrating with his decision making and slapdash attempts at passing.  It is always the sublime to ridiculous with him, usually in the same move.  He is just wildly inconsistent.  Although in his defence, he has never had a long run in the team. 

We've seen worse players than Jacob Murphy play regularly over the last 10-15 years. He's improved somewhat under EH and isn't the rabbit in the headlights he was when we first signed him. That said, the drop off from ASM to him is immense. ASM has to play for me if he's fit.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If your match winners are fit, you play them. It's not like he's never played with the team before.

Luckily Howe doesn't rely on match winners unlike your Pardew's and Bruce's, but on the team being well drilled and prepared for their next opponent. It's not only about having played with the team before, but being aware of and having worked on tactical adjustments and instructions specific to Brentford.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

We've seen worse players than Jacob Murphy play regularly over the last 10-15 years. He's improved somewhat under EH and isn't the rabbit in the headlights he was when we first signed him. That said, the drop off from ASM to him is immense. ASM has to play for me if he's fit.

We certainly have.  But not sure I would want to use that as a yardstick.  When you consider how bad a lot of our players have been during Ashley's time here! 

42 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He's bang average. We deserve relegation if we're shitting ourselves at the prospect of playing against strikers who score every 3 and a half games [emoji38]

Scores more than all of our available strikers combined then.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Luckily Howe doesn't rely on match winners unlike your Pardew's and Bruce's, but on the team being well drilled and prepared for their next opponent. It's not only about having played with the team before, but being aware of and having worked on tactical adjustments and instructions specific to Brentford.

Relying on match winners or not, we have a better chance of winning if ASM is in the team. Surely nobody can dispute that?