Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 26/02/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

JoeJonJow?

I can't see Eriksen doing much from open play. He might have against a Bruce stand-off and watch passive midfield, but not now with the possession and time on the ball we're likely to give them. He might still do something from a free kick though. The two goals we conceded in the last 360 minutes were both free kicks, both off reckless attempts at tackles.

35 minutes ago, Stottie said:

JoeJonJow?

I can't see Eriksen doing much from open play. He might have against a Bruce stand-off and watch passive midfield, but not now with the possession and time on the ball we're likely to give them. He might still do something from a free kick though. The two goals we conceded in the last 360 minutes were both free kicks, both off reckless attempts at tackles.

Isn't that fact crazy?

It’s maybe not what Eriksen will do directly in this game, but the fan fair it will create. It will undoubtedly give their fans and players a lift. Tough one to call this, would happily take a point now and hopefully follow up with win against Brighton. 

Pre-game, this forum tends to focus massively on our next opponent’s threats and big them up. Post-game, when we get a good result, the forum says the opposition were actually crap, the league’s rubbish, there’s only 2 or 3 good teams in it, we could’ve walked the league this year if not for Bruce (ok last bit is an exaggeration).

Let’s have some perspective. Brentford are crap. They’ve a couple of little talents yes, as do all teams. But there’s no need to crap ourselves. Rapinha,  Richarlison, Countinho, Bowen & Antonio, all silenced on our recent run. Let’s not

cack our pants over a barely fit Erikssen!

We’ve a great chance of 3 points. 1 isn’t end of the world. We could lose but unlikely. If we do, keep the faith.  

Edited by greydos
Spelling

45 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s maybe not what Eriksen will do directly in this game, but the fan fair it will create. It will undoubtedly give their fans and players a lift. Tough one to call this, would happily take a point now and hopefully follow up with win against Brighton. 

Would be disappointed with anything less than a win tbh. Brentford have took something like one point from seven games if I'm not mistaken. There are very few nailed on 3pts in the Premier, this has to be one of them.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I think you'd have to be mad to happily take a point (pre-game) from a side that's lost eight of it's last ten.

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Much more likely to beat Brentford than Brighton though. Except being away I suppose. 

Hopefully we can just crowd Eriksen out and dominate the game like against West Ham. He hasn’t played for a long time. 

Not going to lie, a bit worried about this game. Obviously they haven't got the same quality as any of our previous 3 opponents, and are on an awful run, but it's that that scares me. For the first time since the Watford game we're going to be playing a side that is setting out to nullify us, rather than the other way round. Feel like we will really need Max to produce something if that's the case. 

Always worried whenever we come up against a team out of form, or a striker who hasn't scored in months, or a player coming back to the game. Mind you, had the same fear with Dele, and he was turboshit. 

We should have beat them at SJP, Darlow fucked that for us. We're a better side now, and despite the Eriksen effect (on crowd and the team) we still have enough to win here. Just so anxious for us to get to safety as quickly as we can, so we can kick on as a club.

9 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Not going to lie, a bit worried about this game. Obviously they haven't got the same quality as any of our previous 3 opponents, and are on an awful run, but it's that that scares me. For the first time since the Watford game we're going to be playing a side that is setting out to nullify us, rather than the other way round. Feel like we will really need Max to produce something if that's the case. 

I'm worried because I'm not worried. Every time I think we've got a relatively easy fixture with three points on the cards, those are always the games which bring me back down to earth with a hard landing.

5 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Always worried whenever we come up against a team out of form, or a striker who hasn't scored in months, or a player coming back to the game. Mind you, had the same fear with Dele, and he was turboshit. 

We should have beat them at SJP, Darlow fucked that for us. We're a better side now, and despite the Eriksen effect (on crowd and the team) we still have enough to win here. Just so anxious for us to get to safety as quickly as we can, so we can kick on as a club.

Always worried full stop :lol:

But logically we can beat them, as always it just depends if we can score a couple of goals. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

These are there to be beaten at the moment, my only concern is that sooner or later we arnt going to be able to find a goal over the 90 mins with our current injuries to our players that can actually score. Would be nice to see Wood bag his first in this game.

Edited by Nine

21 minutes ago, Sima said:

Easy decision to put Willock wide right in that case and bring Bruno in.

Has Willock played out there?

I know Joelinton has... against Brentford as well.  (Not saying I prefer to play Joelinton out wide. Just calling out alternatives)