Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 26/02/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Would be happy with Almiron on the left side for this, hopefully he’s straining at the leash to impress. His time under Benitez on the left side was undoubtedly his best period at the club.

I wouldn’t. He has been rubbish for a long while. He never takes his man on or looks to pass forward or get a cross. Wasn’t his position under Rafa, a 2 behind Rondon playing alongside Perez? He has almost always been poor playing in wide areas. 

Assuming ASM and Fraser are out. There isn’t really any other option other than shifting Willock or Joelinton out wide, mind. Or a complete formation change. 

10 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I wouldn’t. He has been rubbish for a long while. He never takes his man on or looks to pass forward or get a cross. Wasn’t his position under Rafa, a 2 behind Rondon playing alongside Perez? He has almost always been poor playing in wide areas. 

Assuming ASM and Fraser are out. There isn’t really any other option other than shifting Willock or Joelinton out wide, mind. Or a complete formation change. 

Aye, Joelinton wide left and bring in Bruno would be a good option.

I thought towards the end of Rafa’s reign Almiron was playing wide left when we started to look good with Rondon and Perez. 

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I thought towards the end of Rafa’s reign Almiron was playing wide left when we started to look good with Rondon and Perez. 

I’m not sure I’d want to shift Joelinton or Willock out of the middle the more I think about it. So hopefully Fraser is fit. Not looking positive for ASM, though. Just highlighting possible options and it is a way of getting a look at Bruno from the start. 

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Moving Joelinton from the one position where he actually works :lol: absolute madness.

Almiron used to make a lot runs in behind the defence quite frequently and I think he still could be effective if we actually look to set up in that way. I’d like to see Bruno play and we look to distribute the ball along the ground into space behind 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Except for Murphy and Almiron.

Really hope we just make them feel uncomfortable as hell. Don't let settle and start to feel better after the slump they've been on. Get in their faces, don't give them any time on the ball. If we get one early they could collapse. 

Why an earth put Joelinton out left when he's been brilliant in the middle of the park, he should move nowhere. If it means Bruno still doesn't start, so be it. We've been playing well, winning and there's no need to disrupt the middle of park, usually where you win and lose games.

Feel so robbed that we have Wilson/Trippier/ASM out currently like.

Pretty rank set of injuries that. But the lads proved against West ham that they can still function as a team and grind a result, against a better side than Brentford.

Just got to cross everything and hope it goes right on the day.

0-1 BIG JOW

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Didn't know these lot played a few days ago against Rangers?

Ericksen getting some time, and two assist for him, for both the Brentford goals. 

Yea, he sounds like he is playing quite well. Good for him, horrific stuff during the Euros. I saw something on twitter about him being alright that night then watched the game on DVR  and holy fuck was that bad. Had no idea, I thought he messed up a knee by the tweet, not almost died.