Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

21 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My abiding memory of Steve Bruce didn’t come from his time managing us.  It came from watching the VHS back the day after we beat Man Utd 5-0 (I used to tape the games back then, and watch them hungover the next morning.  When it was still a bit exciting to be able to go to the match and watch it all over again on telly the day after).

Bruce had left Man Utd earlier that year - but you wouldn’t think that the ‘lifelong Newcastle fan’ had left.  The cunt was whining on about the score line, and how Man Utd should have had a pelanty, and how that would have changed the game entirely.  My dad still worked with Bruce’s dad at Parsons, and I understand Bruce snr was given a ribbing at work for it that week (Bruce snr really was a massive NUFC supporter).

The whole ‘I’m a Geordie and it’s my club’ patter?  Sorry Steve - no sale. 

My stepdad worked with his brother.

Apparently his brother was by far the better player but Steve’s career not only ended any chances of succeeding, but all interest in football.

He went from going to every single match, to not even being able to tell you who Newcastle play at the weekend.

Everything he did was overshadowed by Steve. In one interview Steve seemingly mocks binmen, his brother is actually a bin man for North Tyneside.

When he got sacked by Sunderland Steve came round gloating that he got a £6m payout, he ended up buying his brother a brand new Audi.

Edited by Stifler

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

My stepdad worked with his brother.

Apparently his brother was by far the better player but Steve’s career not only ended any chances of succeeding, but all interest in football.

He went from going to every single match, to not even being able to tell you who Newcastle play at the weekend.

Everything he did was overshadowed by Steve. In one interview Steve seemingly mocks binmen, his brother is actually a bin man for North Tyneside.

When he got sacked by Sunderland Steve came round gloating that he got a £6m payout, he ended up buying his brother a bran new Audi.

He’s a completely unlikeable human being.  Says everything you ever need to know about PFMs that they think he’s a saint. 

23 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My abiding memory of Steve Bruce didn’t come from his time managing us.  It came from watching the VHS back the day after we beat Man Utd 5-0 (I used to tape the games back then, and watch them hungover the next morning.  When it was still a bit exciting to be able to go to the match and watch it all over again on telly the day after).

Bruce had left Man Utd earlier that year - but you wouldn’t think that the ‘lifelong Newcastle fan’ had left.  The cunt was whining on about the score line, and how Man Utd should have had a pelanty, and how that would have changed the game entirely.  My dad still worked with Bruce’s dad at Parsons, and I understand Bruce snr was given a ribbing at work for it that week (Bruce snr really was a massive NUFC supporter).

The whole ‘I’m a Geordie and it’s my club’ patter?  Sorry Steve - no sale. 

Don't suppose you've still got that BB?

Or anybody?

Recently discovered my tape of it to have been thrown out. Can replace the match but not the full-show and remember the atmosphere in the box being awkward he sulked that much. not helped by Dalglish being Dalglish.

55 minutes ago, brummie said:

My main thought watching that Bruce video was “who the fuck says ‘The Spurs’?”

It depends if they're marching in. 

@Stifler Can you explain why Steve's career ended any chance of his brother being a pro?

52 minutes ago, Viana said:

It depends if they're marching in. 

@Stifler Can you explain why Steve's career ended any chance of his brother being a pro?

Was it because Steve then stole all his brother's food as he figured he deserved it more?

2 hours ago, Jonas said:

Or anybody?

Recently discovered my tape of it to have been thrown out. Can replace the match but not the full-show and remember the atmosphere in the box being awkward he sulked that much. not helped by Dalglish being Dalglish.

Try this

4 hours ago, Jonas said:

Or anybody?

I taped the whole show on VHS and later transferred it to DVD.   I've not watched it in years but I'm sure there was a lot more from Bruce than is in the cilp above.   I could probs upload it to Youtube or something...

6 hours ago, Jonas said:

Or anybody?

Sorry mate, I don’t - I wish I had.  Hoyed out all my VHSs about 20 years ago - worst part is that I must’ve had pretty much all the NUFC match broadcasts from the early- to late-90s.  Happily, it looks like ianbeany might be able to help though.  Also, some of what I was referring to has been posted above - I hadn’t seen that clip in years.  What a wanker Bruce is. 

i remember that clip well, he whines about the linesman giving the goal, despite it being proven right. In his mind it would have been correct for the goal to have been ruled out even though it did cross the line.

• 4 weeks later...

Steve Bruce wanted to invent the light bulb in 1878, and he remembered thinking ‘what a good idea it was’.

Unfortunately the light bulb chose to be invented by Thomas Edison a year later.

Missed opportunity.

:harry:

Edited by Hank Marvin

8 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Steve Bruce wanted to invent the light bulb in 1878, and he remembered thinking ‘what a good idea it was’.

Unfortunately the light bulb chose to be invented by Thomas Edison a year later.

Missed opportunity.

No self respecting Geordie should be getting Edison and Swann mixed up like. Edison’s light bulbs were produced under licence

11 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Missed opportunity.

Apart from Joseph Swan inventing the incandescent light bulb :) - as if Caicedo would have developed the same way under Bruce …

4 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

No self respecting Geordie should be getting Edison and Swann mixed up like. Edison’s light bulbs were produced under licence

"Joseph Wilson Swan was born in 1828 at Pallion Hall in Pallion, in the Parish of Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland, County Durham."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Swan

And I repeat, Thomas Edison.

4 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

"Joseph Wilson Swan was born in 1828 at Pallion Hall in Pallion, in the Parish of Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland, County Durham."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Swan

And I repeat, Thomas Edison.

Swan’s house in Low Fell was the first private residence to have electric lighting.

In 1880 Mosley Street, Newcastle became the first public road to be lit using electricity.

In 1880 Lord Armstrong's mansion, Cragside installed Swan's lightbulbs in what was then the largest and most complete application of Swan's method of lighting.

Newcastle became one of the first towns to be fully lit by electricity.

On 01/08/2023 at 05:27, TheBrownBottle said:

Sorry mate, I don’t - I wish I had.  Hoyed out all my VHSs about 20 years ago - worst part is that I must’ve had pretty much all the NUFC match broadcasts from the early- to late-90s.  Happily, it looks like ianbeany might be able to help though.  Also, some of what I was referring to has been posted above - I hadn’t seen that clip in years.  What a wanker Bruce is. 

Sorry I forgot about this thread. Did you want it mate?  That other fella never replied to me but I can still hoy it up on Youtube if you or anyone else wants it