Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

But if the club folds, they literally won’t be anything because of him. 

Yup; they will out of defiance. 

Also, they Govt will allow him to sell and he will get his money too. Let’s not suddenly pretend the uk Govt is competent, you watch the news right?

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yup; they will out of defiance. 

Also, they Govt will allow him to sell and he will get his money too. Let’s not suddenly pretend the uk Govt is competent, you watch the news right?

How will they let him sell, when that’s exactly the thing they’re trying to prevent- money going to Putin and his associates. That’s exactly what the sanction means. 

Just now, Manxst said:

How will they let him sell, when that’s exactly the thing they’re trying to prevent- money going to Putin and his associates. That’s exactly what the sanction means. 

How did they get defrauded of 8 billion from covid loans? He will sell and they will all say he didn’t get a penny. Truth will actually be they will be unable to verify it because no doubt off shore shell companies will be involved, also how would they begin to check any related third parties?

Just now, r0cafella said:

How did they get defrauded of 8 billion from covid loans? He will sell and they will all say he didn’t get a penny. Truth will actually be they will be unable to verify it because no doubt off shore shell companies will be involved, also how would they begin to check any related third parties?

The company that owns Chelsea (not an ‘offshore shell company’) is directly owned by him. There’s no third party that can sign it all off- he’s the owner. 

Not sure about the halt in all player transfers. No incomings is one thing I agree with, but it would be unfair on their players if they can't move to another club. Uncertain if this can be overruled but could this go to the CAS?

20 minutes ago, deejeck said:

A bit of a daft question but does that mean that away fans can no longer attend Stamford Bridge?  Presume we'll be ok as tickets already sold.

We’ll be fine but games that haven’t went on sale won’t have any away fans or home fans that don’t have season tickets.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

The company that owns Chelsea (not an ‘offshore shell company’) is directly owned by him. There’s no third party that can sign it all off- he’s the owner. 

That’s not what I’m saying, also the company could be redomiciled. 

also, I’m referring to the fact the company he owns now will likely be sold to a holding company which is based offshore. 

2 minutes ago, LRD said:

Not sure about the halt in all player transfers. No incomings is one thing I agree with, but it would be unfair on their players if they can't move to another club. Uncertain if this can be overruled but could this go to the CAS?

Aye, I reckon the players could have a case for restriction of employment if they aren't allowed to be sold.

1 minute ago, LRD said:

Chelsea lose money every year so I’m not sure how they didn’t ever fall foul of FFP. Can they meet payroll without his financing? But ultimately I guess it depends on how much notice he got and if he could pump money in before his assets were froze. They could run into massive cash flow issues if not and if they don’t pay the players they can just terminate (the players). 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Chelsea lose money every year so I’m not sure how they didn’t ever fall foul of FFP. Can they meet payroll without his financing? But ultimately I guess it depends on how much notice he got and if he could pump money in before his assets were froze. They could run into massive cash flow issues if not and if they don’t pay the players they can just terminate (the players). 

Nope- he directly pumps in around £100m each year (I found the figure before but can’t now- it’s expressly given in their own accounts) to keep them going. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m not laughing too hard at this given our ownership to be honest. It could easily be us. 

Quite.

Huge misgivings about the Saudi regime and the tory bastard Reubens. However, like many warmongering, greedy states we're complicit in their wars etc. The Ruebens may have been part of the western invasion that was encouraged by the west to take advantage of the Russian, post-Yeltsin free for all but they got out/were chased when Putin decided to return that wealth back into his gangsters hand.

Whatever the morality of our owners, we're not on the hit list.

As for Chelsea/Everton et al, I'm a cynic so don't expect much will come of it. Having said that, if sacred cows are going to be thrown under a bus, this gvt may just push for examples to be made. Bit more smoke and mirrors.