Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

I don't like Chelsea but I think any tribal har-har-ing towards them, particularly from the likes of us, is pretty short-sighted. As is always the case with governance issues, it's not just one club losing, it's the whole sport. Chelsea going to ruins would be just as depressing as Macclesfield and Bury going the same way.

Hope they get a solution fast. There’s too many out there who support and work for the club who shouldn’t be punished for this. 

Edited by Kanji

Well the right solution is Roman agrees that the sale proceeds are being held by the gov’t and he’s relinquished all claim to it. And the gov’t uses those funds for good (helping with reconstruction of Ukraine, charity, etc).

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Well the right solution is Roman agrees that the sale proceeds are being held by the gov’t and he’s relinquished all claim to it. And the gov’t uses those funds for good (helping with reconstruction of Ukraine, charity, etc).

:iamatwat:

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

More likely to restock the wine fridge, sadly.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I would happily relinquish our current wealth if they ripped up football and started again. One hundred percent. Get rid of all the grubbiness. Institute a salary cap, a draft ish system 

This 100%.

47 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Chelsea FC is a triviality when it comes to stopping the invasion of Ukraine and preventing the loss of further lives, but the fact that the two are even remotely linked is a total failure in governance from the Premier League.

Read this.

81vim7YCPvL.jpg

Guest HTT II
18 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I would happily relinquish our current wealth if they ripped up football and started again. One hundred percent. Get rid of all the grubbiness. Institute a salary cap, a draft ish system 

Same here, 100%

Guest HTT II

My own take is long-term this will not effect Chelsea that much or alter the state of the game in any meaningful way. Chelsea will just as likely be sold to some other rich person or group. The question is for how much…

There's no winners here, as much as Chelsea fans are a bunch of pigs, they don't deserve to have their club taken away because some loon who seems intent on starting a massive war happens to be mates with their owner.

We should know better than most that you can't pick and choose the clubs owner.

49 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I don't like Chelsea but I think any tribal har-har-ing towards them, particularly from the likes of us, is pretty short-sighted. As is always the case with governance issues, it's not just one club losing, it's the whole sport. Chelsea going to ruins would be just as depressing as Macclesfield and Bury going the same way.

I don’t think there’s any long-term chance of them going to ruins like. I don’t want to see decent people’s livelihoods ruined but it’s not some binary black and white issue that’s going on here. Ultimately, Abramovich being sanctioned properly is good news for football provided more is done to root out corrupt businessmen in football. If that happens to us later down the line, I’m fine with it provided the process is fair. This problem isn’t going away and it’ll be the fans who suffer but Abramovich has been involved in Putin’s war effort and I’m glad they’ve finally done something

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

There's no winners here, as much as Chelsea fans are a bunch of pigs, they don't deserve to have their club taken away because some loon who seems intent on starting a massive war happens to be mates with their owner.

We should know better than most that you can't pick and choose the clubs owner.

the club will survive, it didn’t take Wimbledon that long to get its league status back

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I don’t think there’s any long-term chance of them going to ruins like. I don’t want to see decent people’s livelihoods ruined but it’s not some binary black and white issue that’s going on here. Ultimately, Abramovich being sanctioned properly is good news for football provided more is done to root out corrupt businessmen in football. If that happens to us later down the line, I’m fine with it provided the process is fair. This problem isn’t going away and it’ll be the fans who suffer but Abramovich has been involved in Putin’s war effort and I’m glad they’ve finally done something

There needs a root out of all bad owners and a system in place that protects clubs from being owned by future bad owners. Each club should have a trust backed up by the government that puts the fans in majority ownership legally of their own club too. It won’t happen though, and either the sanctions cease and Abramovic gets to sell, but has to pay compensation, or it ceases so the club can be sold to some others, no doubt for a lot less than what Abramovic would want for it, would take or what it’s potentially worth in reality. I have no love for Chelsea fans, nor their club, but no fan should have to suffer because of the actions of owners, an owner in this case the FA, PL and government knew all about from the start and happily allowed him into the game and indeed properties and other business interests here in the U.K…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
Just now, ManDoon said:

Joined 26 mins ago eh? How’s the weather over in Sunderland today 

It’s always bleak on Wearyside!

21 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My own take is long-term this will not effect Chelsea that much or alter the state of the game in any meaningful way. Chelsea will just as likely be sold to some other rich person or group. The question is for how much…

I reckon this will help them sell it a lot cheaper, thus leaving loads of money for some future owner to plough in. It could work out to be the best alternative to actually having state backing. The country as a whole will be devastated at the downgrading of Chelsea so I'm sure there'll be plenty of support to help them stay at the top.