sunderland

Big River

45 minutes ago, madras said:

AMP Capital owns 49% and a group of seven  local authorities own the rest, so mostly owned by Sunderland Council is, yet again, wrang.

They love a good daily let's tell lies exercise 

I don't believe anything anyone writes on here re the ownership of the Airport; I want Grumpy Old Man from RTG to tell how the shares at the airport are distributed, and how KLD has a majority of the airport shares, which will soon be revealed.

To be fair at one point Sunderland council did have a bigger share of the airport. The shares are divided by each areas population, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, and Northumberland all cutting in on the greater Newcastle area cuts NCC’s population figures down.

I think though NCC in recent years has surpassed Sunderland again in population numbers, so the shareholding may have changed again.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don't believe anything anyone writes on here re the ownership of the Airport; I want Grumpy Old Man from RTG to tell how the shares at the airport are distributed, and how KLD has a majority of the airport shares, which will soon be revealed.

“Sorry for the delay folks, I was out on a ramble with my multiple PhD-carrying son, who has been casting his beady eye over this thread

Airmarras Ltd own the airport in its entirety, it is not legally owned by the councils at all. I’ve just downloaded their accounts but hang fire, I’ll be all over their accounts like a rash and get back to you all soon.”

Possibly through South Sh…, sorry the Sunderland Sprawl, then the ‘Wear’ Tunnel, quick circumnavigate through historically SAFC worshipping Northwearland and job’s a good un. Arrived at Pallionland Airport without any eye cancer. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

I’m assuming the two blokes with the flag are fans who managed to grab the players and have a photo, and most of the players haven’t a clue what ‘FTM’ even means.

I can’t be sure mind, they could just as easily be their centre halves.  Does anyone know what a single Mackem player even looks like?

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m assuming the two blokes with the flag are fans who managed to grab the players and have a photo, and most of the players haven’t a clue what ‘FTM’ even means.

I can’t be sure mind, they could just as easily be their centre halves.  Does anyone know what a single Mackem player even looks like?

I honestly don't, I could probably name their starting 11 that beat us in the playoffs when Sunderland were relevant.

Guest HTT II

They love Ashley on RTG, a great owner, yet he took Saudi blood money which they accuse us of now doing….

26 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They love Ashley on RTG, a great owner, yet he took Saudi blood money which they accuse us of now doing….

They loved Ashley because it meant that NUFC were never going anywhere apart from back to the championship (for the third time). They now hate our new owners because NUFC are now a progressive club with ambitions of challenging on all fronts. They are totally broken and their non stop faux outrage (only since the takeover happened mind :bluestar:) is hilarious. 

Edited by et tu brute

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They loved Ashley because it meant that NUFC were never going anywhere apart from back to the championship (for the third time). They now hate our new owners because NUFC are now a progressive club with ambitions of challenging on all fronts. They are totally broken and their non stop faux outrage (only since the takeover happened mind :bluestar:) is hillarious. 

Ashley did his best to drag us down to their level yet we still had a higher average league finish than them in his time here. They had an owner who had to spend way beyond their means to stay in the league as long as they did. Says a lot.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

49 minutes ago, HTT II said:

The hatred and bile is something else on there mind - just had a look and it seems to go up about 100 pages a week!

How any of our lot can be arsed posting on when you don't even have a debate - it's just "bloody money / Saudi United / owners are murderers / kill Yemen kids / have sex with with 12 year olds" blah blah etc is beyond me! I always laugh when I see posts stating that they would walk away from supporting them if they had our owners! Piss off man! Human rights has only been an issue on there since October 7th 2021!

I've got a lot of red and white mates with living in Hebburn (I was actually best man for one at the SOS dressed in red and white - the shit-house!) and 99% of them are nothing like the posters on there! 

Ashley was making us like them. Nothing else to dream of except finishing higher/beating them (whichever means they're better at the time).

He gave them relevance by stiffling us into their orbit when 2years in 15 or 5 in 20 apart we hadn't been. No wonder they love him. That's all they want and have ever had. Our being stiffled is pretty much them in decent times whereas their stiffled is Division3.

Mackem I worked with knew the score, referring to him as "the best thing that never happened to us", they're just so warped, actually crazy when it comes to NUFC that they cant see the only reason they think he was good is because he was bad for us, if he was good (like Hall) they'd hate him. Its crazy on top of crazy.

Edited by Wolfcastle

They just have to think the opposite of what we think. They then figure out the justification for it afterwards.

If we said grass was green they'd have to disagree instantly, then tie themselves in knots over why later.

Was trying to find, unsuccessfully, videos of the Uncle Micks ??

when I landed on this. 

Quite like Luke O'nein tbf (STID incite) and like his attitude at the end but two things spring to mind. 

Letting supporter violence go unpunished isn't going to stifle it

And I thought, if a crime's deemed to have been committed, the police don't need the "victim's" permission to proceed and charge? 

Edited by Groundhog63