sunderland in the EFL

Big River

33 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m on about how people on Twitter are calling him a nonce and saying check his hard drive etc.

There’s no context that can be added to justify the use of ‘mong’ at any point tbf - there’s enough good old fashioned insults available that could be substituted 

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

I’m on about how people on Twitter are calling him a nonce and saying check his hard drive etc.

The bloke sits inside in April wearing a beanie hat recording himself reacting to over 90 minutes of football. He’s always going to get stick. This is the problem with social media, it gives people like Adam P the platform to churn out awful content and people lap it up. In my opinion, of course.

Edited by Danh1

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

The bloke sits inside in April wearing a beanie hat recording himself reacting to over 90 minutes of football. He’s always going to get stick. This is the problem with social media, it gives people like Adam P the platform to churn out awful content and people lap it up. In my opinion, of course.

Aye, there is a difference between calling someone Wally and calling them a nonce to be honest.

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

I'd say the problem is the people sending abuse like. In my experience Adam P is far more likeable, much less cringey, and adds far more value than the people who think they're mocking him from a loftier position like. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s no context that can be added to justify the use of ‘mong’ at any point tbf - there’s enough good old fashioned insults available that could be substituted 

Don't call anyone "dumb cunts" mind. ?

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Nearly 3,000 reference to that word on this forum (including mods) It's used way too often, but not sure why Stilfer is carrying the can. 

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Nearly 3,000 reference to that word on this forum (including mods) It's used way too often, but not sure why Stilfer is carrying the can. 

Genuinely the first time I've seen it - I'm genuinely not trying to go overboard.  It isn't personal against Stilfer.  If 'mong' is ok, how about 'spacker' or 'spaz'?  It is easy not to use it.  

Well, I just guess it's best called out each time. I remember calling it out once previously, and feeling like I was on my own in doing that.

And in fairness, I'm sure I'd have used it myself as a kid till I realised what it meant.

43 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Genuinely the first time I've seen it - I'm genuinely not trying to go overboard.  It isn't personal against Stilfer.  If 'mong' is ok, how about 'spacker' or 'spaz'?  It is easy not to use it.  

None of them are right. It's not often I fall into the 'snowflake' category, but it's this one I don't like, and if I'm being honest, have used as well, to my own shame and disgust. Suppose we're all just trying to be better :) 

17 minutes ago, Dokko said:

None of them are right. It's not often I fall into the 'snowflake' category, but it's this one I don't like, and if I'm being honest, have used as well, to my own shame and disgust. Suppose we're all just trying to be better :) 

This is all I was getting at tbh :thup:

I've used it, and other horrible words, in the past but I've stopped and certainly won't be using them again in the future. Was simply a nudge to Stif to maybe choose other words instead, no more. 

22 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Nonce is the one that always confuses me. Seems to be used so casually, almost as if people don't know what it is.

Just now, Troll said:

974393994_Screenshot2023-04-08at12_49_01.thumb.png.983faa4c37b8a4312b83b477f033f804.png

Ok, I never knew that.

I apologise for it’s use and wish to clarify that’s not what I thought it meant and not how I intended to use it.

Always prepared to be educated and will not use again in future.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Ok, I never knew that.

I apologise for it’s use and wish to clarify that’s not what I thought it meant and not how I intended to use it.

Absolutely not a problem mate :)

As I say it's one of those that seemed socially acceptable but now very much isn't imo. 

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Ok, I never knew that.

Thought the same for the longest time and I'd wager plenty of people reading these posts did as well.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

Ok, I never knew that.

Top gadgie ?