sunderland in the EFL

Big River

It is gearing up for a hell of finish for the PO places like.  Millwall vs Blackburn and Preston NE vs the mackems final day, as well as Swansea vs West Brom (Swansea could still be in the mix at that point), and Coventry vs the smoggies.

If Preston somehow win at Sheff Utd - who in fairness have nothing to play for at this point, given that their win vs WBA guaranteed promotion and they can't catch Burnley mathematically - would mean a Preston win guarantees they finish above at least the mackems.

It is in sunderland's hands now, mind - provided they win their games and hope that Millwall don't do the same while scoring four more goals.

Even just a single season on the Premier League would bring in money the likes of which the Don (do they still call him that?) could only ever dream of.  Talking about 100mil to finish last plus some delightful marrashute payments to help the transition back into the Championship...

It is basically - or would be - all he ever dreamed of when he bought Sun'lun.  Maybe even enough money to print something on the front of their seeyson cards.

Even the young kid that has some money in a trust fund would be in a whole different world with Premier League money to play with...

I would rather they stayed skint frankly...  hate everything about the club!

5 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

There's a fair argument to say all of the 'league one clingers' have looked better in the Championship than they did in League One.

They have but when I look at O’Nien some of his tackles/mistakes will be judged differently in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, pinkeye said:

Even just a single season on the Premier League would bring in money the likes of which the Don (do they still call him that?) could only ever dream of.  Talking about 100mil to finish last plus some delightful marrashute payments to help the transition back into the Championship...

It is basically - or would be - all he ever dreamed of when he bought Sun'lun.  Maybe even enough money to print something on the front of their seeyson cards.

Even the young kid that has some money in a trust fund would be in a whole different world with Premier League money to play with...

I would rather they stayed skint frankly...  hate everything about the club!

Donald has basically nowt to do with the club now, He owns a mere 9% which is becoming diluted smaller and smaller after every transfer window. KLD has played him like a fiddle.

53 minutes ago, Viana said:

They have but when I look at O’Nien some of his tackles/mistakes will be judged differently in the Premier League. 

O'Nien has been fantastic to be fair, I doubt he can make it in the Prem but it won't be for lack of effort.

8 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Donald has basically nowt to do with the club now, He owns a mere 9% which is becoming diluted smaller and smaller after every transfer window. KLD has played him like a fiddle.

Or arguably KLD has pulled Donald out of the shit by steadying the ship and making sure he'll at least get something back on his investment??

Looking in from the outside obviously so I might be wrong. But it seems you're now being run something close to properly which clearly wasn't the case when pinky and perky were in charge and left to their own devices.

3 hours ago, FinnMag said:

They should be grateful. CL is coming back to NE area… O0

Their captain at the time and club legend used to go to them with his sons. Wonder how they process that.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 01-46-44 Who owns Newcastle United.png

Edited by Wolfcastle

No doubt Everton didn't turn up tonight just like the sides in our other 16 league wins didn't. (Banned so can't check)

They were convinced we were going to do what they did in their 7th placed finishes in January the absolute cretins. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

16 hours ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Hes fuckin shit man 

Odd that, as every single manager that's had him here has had nothing but praise for him. One of, If not the first name on the team-sheet every single week. I guess you know better than them though.

11 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Or arguably KLD has pulled Donald out of the shit by steadying the ship and making sure he'll at least get something back on his investment??

Looking in from the outside obviously so I might be wrong. But it seems you're now being run something close to properly which clearly wasn't the case when pinky and perky were in charge and left to their own devices.

How has he pulled him out the shit? He's diluted his shares drastically at every opportunity to the point now he only owns 9%, Donald is now on the verge of buying Eastleigh again so he will be gone imminently. Methven is already out the door.

Guest reefatoon
12 hours ago, Sima said:

Another Premier League team that they would beat comfortably tonight.

Sounds like they would be joint 3rd with us if they were in our league. We are lucky they are not eh.

5 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Odd that, as every single manager that's had him here has had nothing but praise for him. One of, If not the first name on the team-sheet every single week. I guess you know better than them though.

Think its because our standards are considerably higher than thou's. 

10 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Their captain at the time and club legend used to go to them with his sons. Wonder how they process that.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 01-46-44 Who owns Newcastle United.png

Ha ha! I miss reading his bitter tripe!

3 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

‘Bally’ was first name on the team sheet too, but he was fucking shit as well. Being semi decent relative to the others in a shit team doesn’t make you any good. Those managers you mention are picking a team in L1/the Championship. It’s a country mile away from being a PL standard, let alone a ‘good’ standard. The standard of the championship this year has been the poorest I can ever think of. Let’s see how good he is when/if you make it back to the PL- going by his attempts at tackling this year, he’d be suspended the vast majority of the season. 

1 hour ago, TeddySAFC said:

How has he pulled him out the shit? He's diluted his shares drastically at every opportunity to the point now he only owns 9%, Donald is now on the verge of buying Eastleigh again so he will be gone imminently. Methven is already out the door.

I'm just looking at it from the point of view that 9% of something (especially a Premier League something if you do go up) is better than 90% of nothing. From the outside it looked like Donald didn't have a clue what he was doing, was running the club into the ground until KLD steadied the ship and he should thank his lucky stars that he's getting out with anything.

Obviously I'm not as familiar with the goings on at sunderland as you are so if I've got that wrong then fair enough.