sunderland in the EFL

Big River

There was a story about Burnley being suspected of match-fixing match against Reading.

Well, honestly, it feels like the whole bloody division is conspiring to get these lot promoted. They're all so shite, all drawing with each other, coming up with an improbable combination of results that keeps benefitting the mackems. When they went 1-0 down today, they were obviously going to win because that's how it keeps going.

Just hope Boro can stop them tbh.

Edited by Ketsbaia

44 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Their showing a bit frustration in the Chris Rigg thread I see. Bad lad going to watch the team he supports today :bluestar:

Here’s my favourite on that thread (it’s a long ‘un mind).  Goes from ‘gan canny man he’s a Newcastle fan he’s allowed to watch their games’ to ‘if he goes there in the summer it’s just because of the dirty money he’ll get’ at the end.  Fucking insane.

7BD6F5AE-F27D-4CE5-8E0E-298F845F0294.thumb.png.0b34a419c275ccff508cbd8d8ba7e883.png

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Play-off final between Middlesbrough and Sunderland would be a fantastic spectacle. Would prefer Sunderland back up in the PL as it would make next season even more exciting. It's time to take back the NETD™ trophy.

We are NETD. Have been for years. Usually are. That's the league table placing one.

Its just when that's the case nobody gives a fuck on our side and they flip the rules to something else on theirs.

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

We are NETD. Have been for years. Usually are. That's the league table placing one.

Its just when that's the case nobody gives a fuck on our side and they flip the rules to something else on theirs.

Yep.  At this point they’ll be claiming that we aren’t really NUFC anymore so it doesn’t count.

NETD is meaningless to me - bald men and combs, etc, traditionally.  Even the name stems from their 98/99 season review tape.  Weird bastards can’t even have a good season without making it about us. 

The NETD thing was about league placings, not derby matches. We've been winning it for years.

Would still like to give them a shoeing in a match though so not bothered if they come up. Only issue I have with their possible promotion would be that it gives them over £100m in the bank, and that makes it less likely they'll continue to fester and rot in obscurity.

It's all about us for me though. Wouldn't trade a single point to see them stay down.

6 hours ago, Chris_R said:

The NETD thing was about league placings, not derby matches. We've been winning it for years.

Would still like to give them a shoeing in a match though so not bothered if they come up. Only issue I have with their possible promotion would be that it gives them over £100m in the bank, and that makes it less likely they'll continue to fester and rot in obscurity.

It's all about us for me though. Wouldn't trade a single point to see them stay down.

A cup tie would do that without them being needlessly enriched :) 

They'll have been devastated about yesterday.

They win, pushing into the play off spots, then we go and hump Spurs and steal all their limelight, again.

They'll be throwing cheesy chips and blue pop at their tellys tonight when the Magedia of Tyne Tees News and Look North are on.

Convinced myself that they're going up and actually think they will, tbh. Only Boro can stop them imo. It's not that Sunderland are exceptionally good, the other teams around them are shite and in no form going into the play-offs.

They do seem to be better than the rest though, aside from Boro/Luton. Boro over 2 legs would be hard but not impossible.

I actually hope they come up. Largely because they will be no where close the PL level, especially without their current loan players. A good chunk of that squad is the same one that struggled to get out of League One. They come up to the PL they either have to try a Forest and put themselves at massive financial risk, or accept it's a season to get a financial shot in the arm and use it to yoyo back up in a couple seasons. 

7 minutes ago, KDT said:

Any of our forward line against Luke O'Nien would be quite a sight to see so for that reason I'm not arsed if they go up.

I think the playoff final date has been changed because of this. I went to a meet up with the lads from uni on the bank holiday, and one of a mackem. He was saying that the play off final for the Championship was pencilled in for the Sunday, which is the same day as we play Chelsea away (last day of the season). Today it has been confirmed that it’s going to be on the Saturday instead. Presumably to avoid the possibility of our fans, Boro, and Sunderland fans all going down on the same trains.

4 hours ago, joeyt said:

They've had a really good season if they make the playoffs or not

Play some decent stuff too. A rare good appointment by them as Mowbray and his shit voice did a good job at Blackburn.

5 hours ago, KDT said:

Any of our forward line against Luke O'Nien would be quite a sight to see so for that reason I'm not arsed if they go up.

Problem with that is O'Nien is by far the dirtiest, snidest bastard in their team, he should have had at least four yellow cards in their game at the weekend.

He'd take great delight in kicking lumps out of the likes of Bruno.

Wouldn't dare trying it on with Joelinton though, obvs.