sunderland in the EFL

Big River

21 hours ago, KDT said:

Any of our forward line against Luke O'Nien would be quite a sight to see so for that reason I'm not arsed if they go up.

That would worry the f*ck out of me cos he is a horrible hideous sneaky little dirty bastard

"Gulls on the roof of South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (April 25) could be heard calling out as the bench watched CCTV of the “bizarre” incident, which happened in a back street of Gladstone Street, Sunderland." 

Trying to make out he was getting heckled by the family of the victim from the gallery :lol:

2 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

"Gulls on the roof of South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (April 25) could be heard calling out as the bench watched CCTV of the “bizarre” incident, which happened in a back street of Gladstone Street, Sunderland." 

Trying to make out he was getting heckled by the family of the victim from the gallery :lol:

:lol: :lol: 

Burst out laughing in the pub reading this.

On 24/04/2023 at 15:44, sushimonster85 said:

I actually hope they come up. Largely because they will be no where close the PL level, especially without their current loan players. A good chunk of that squad is the same one that struggled to get out of League One. They come up to the PL they either have to try a Forest and put themselves at massive financial risk, or accept it's a season to get a financial shot in the arm and use it to yoyo back up in a couple seasons. 

We have three players on loan, Diallo, Michut and Gelhardt

Michut is going to be signing permanently as it's a loan with obligation to buy and Gelhardt is only playing because every other striker has been crocked.

If we went up (Which I don't think we will anyway) we would be in a good position to get Diallo again and / or get better loans. Why would we need to do a Forest? We don't have 20+ players out of contract. There is absolutely no chance the club would put themselves at a 'massive financial risk' as it's absolute polar opposite of what KLD has opted for since he took over as majority owner and ultimate decision maker.

@TeddySAFC

If you don't go up do you think Mowbray will be off? Not because of poor performances but just that although he has you playing good football the ownership may want to look for a more dynamic and younger Head Coach, whilst Mowbray has ultimately done more than his job to keep you safe he doesn't seem like the future.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

How much did Simms getting recalled to Everton affect the second half of your season?

Probably quite a lot, I'm amazed we are currently in a play off position to be honest considering we struggled to score goals as soon as Simms and Stewart were injured. Saying that, Stewart is twice the player of Simms so his injury has effected us more than any other.

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

@TeddySAFC

If you don't go up do you think Mowbray will be off? Not because of poor performances but just that although he has you playing good football the ownership may want to look for a more dynamic and younger Head Coach, whilst Mowbray has ultimately done more than his job to keep you safe he doesn't seem like the future.

I have no idea, For as good a job as he has done, I wouldn't be completely against a new head coach coming in and I think ultimately that's what KLD wants. I think Mowbray was a stop-gap to give a little stability for 18 months and review where we are at.

On 22/04/2023 at 20:02, Paullow said:

I've mentioned before that I have put little bets totalling just under £15 and stand to return just over £1,500 if they do go up.

£2 of that is on a 250/1 bet, so returns £502, and the current cash out is only £12.38

It's currently £27.67. Obviously won't be cashing out.

Quite a nice position to be in. Still hoping they don't come up (and would prefer them to still miss out on the top 6), but a hefty return should it happen.

Hi all.

New poster from Nairobi Kenya, and delighted to be here! 

A bit of nostalgia mackem related. On this day in 2003 we beat them 1-nil with Nobby Solano scoring. It was their thirteenth loss in succession.

Edited by Ameet Shah

17 minutes ago, Ameet Shah said:

Hi all.

New poster from Nairobi Kenya, and delighted to be here! 

A bit of nostalgia mackem related. On this day in 2013 we beat them 1-nil with Nobby Solano scoring. It was their thirteenth loss in succession.

Hi mate, 2003, yeah?

I was in the home end for that one. Got to enjoy their aborted celebration of the equaliser at first hand. 

47 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Hi mate, 2003, yeah?

I was in the home end for that one. Got to enjoy their aborted celebration of the equaliser at first hand. 

Yes that's correct mate. Got the year wrong. I'm glad you were there to witness it.