sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Everton relegated would be funny, but I'd not be gutted if any of the other two went down instead.

Everton down and Sunderland up would be funny too, since they'd both squabble over being the team that were 'everyone's cup final' in the Championship.

But all in all, I'd prefer to see Sunderland somehow slip out of the play off spots on the last day.

Or, funnier yet, having another of their famous days out at Wembo, where they throw it all away right in the last minute live on TV.

7 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Never seen that. Made my morning [emoji38]

those cops need a rocket. No handcuffs and no search on arrest. Easy for him to neck a load of drugs or harm himself whilst in the cage. If he did cops could land themselves right in the clarts. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

those cops need a rocket. No handcuffs and no search on arrest. Easy for him to neck a load of drugs or harm himself whilst in the cage. If he did cops could land themselves right in the clarts. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was staged/faked…

5 hours ago, Izakaya said:

How many times have newly promoted teams went on to get promoted again? 

Must have misunderstood you. Thought you were talking about them staying up, but ending bottom, not that they would aim for consecutive promotions. 

6 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Not sure now but it used to happen quite frequently.  Middlesbrough, Sheffield United,  Notts County and nearly Cambridge pretty much back to back 87-92 went from D3 to D1. In that time Wolves, Southend, Cambridge, Grimsby and Peterborough went from D4 to D2, Darlington from non-league to D3 in back to back seasons.

Think the money counters momentum more nowadays.

Edited by Wolfcastle

19 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

In the Championship this will absolutely be the case, especially given the length of time they have been down in League One. I don't think survival, or even comfortable mid-table, is out of the question, but they won't be back in the PL in a couple of seasons. 

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Not sure now but it used to happen quite frequently.  Middlesbrough, Sheffield United,  Notts County and nearly Cambridge pretty much back to back 87-92 went from D3 to D1. In that time Wolves, Southend, Cambridge, Grimsby and Peterborough went from D4 to D2, Darlington from non-league to D3 in back to back seasons.

Think Norwich were the last to do it.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-and-other-sportswashing-spring-2022.1574237/page-303

wow look at the post quoted by mad Cyril .

these utter scummy cunts actually typed this , I hope he is banned off that site for life and not one Mackem has called him out on it , the filthy cunt 

People seem to enjoy their rage. I just get Linehan vibes from it now- it’s genuinely weird and uncomfortable. Hope they’re all okay and all of us can move on. 

4 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Or they could not be complete cunts, arresting a guy, for literally nothing (you don’t have to provide your name or address) and “swearing” is not an arrestable offense. What makes you think he has drugs? Perhaps they could use something called common sense, and not randomly harass citizens in the street for fuck all? Just a thought?  

We have no idea why the officers were speaking to him so how can you claim they were randomly harassing a citizen in the street for nothing?

The officer asks him to pick his litter up (littering is an offence) he doesn’t then he refuses to give his details triggering a power of arrest under section 24 of PACE. There’s no such thing as an “arrestable offence” you can be arrested for any offence no matter how trivial if conditions are satisfied.  The bloke appears to be drunk, being drunk in a public place is also an offence which could trigger a power of arrest. 

I didn’t say I thought he had drugs, I said the officers have took a massive chance by not searching him. If they didn’t and he necked some drugs in the back of the van I bet you say that the police officers were responsible for his death and should be sacked etc,etc.

2 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

We have no idea why the officers were speaking to him so how can you claim they were randomly harassing a citizen in the street for nothing?

The officer asks him to pick his litter up (littering is an offence) he doesn’t then he refuses to give his details triggering a power of arrest under section 24 of PACE. There’s no such thing as an “arrestable offence” you can be arrested for any offence no matter how trivial if conditions are satisfied.  The bloke appears to be drunk, being drunk in a public place is also an offence which could trigger a power of arrest. 

I didn’t say I thought he had drugs, I said the officers have took a massive chance by not searching him. If they didn’t and he necked some drugs in the back of the van I bet you say that the police officers were responsible for his death and should be sacked etc,etc.

Acab

1 hour ago, Ed210 said:

‘Officers’ lol

15 hours ago, Izakaya said:

In Premier League era only 4 teams got promoted from third tier to Premier League in two seasons.

Southampton (2010/11 & 2011/12)
Norwich (2009/10 & 2010/11)
Man City (1998/99 & 1999/00)
Watford (1997/98 & 1998/99)

I hope I didn't missed anything 

On 27/04/2022 at 00:01, Shadow Puppets said:

Everton go down, Sunderland come up.

Want to see Lampard fail, and want to teach the Evertonians a lesson after their treatment of Rafa.

Would love Everton to go down as they tie with Liverpool as the second team I dislike the most. However, if I could choose only one between Everton and the mackems, it would be the mackems staying in League 1 everytime. There is every chance though that both of what I would like to see, will actually happen in a few weeks (hopefully).