sunderland in the EFL

Big River

They're burning through all their lives to make it here. It might galvanise them, however I think over two legs any of the teams in contention bar Wycombe see them out. I don't even see them making trafalgar square this time. 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Not football related but it reminded me of this. A true British hero.

:lol: Mental living in a police state and watching that, he didn't get hit once.

12 minutes ago, Paullow said:

One or the other - Sunderland go up and Everton go down, or both stay where they are?

Everton go down, Sunderland come up.

Want to see Lampard fail, and want to teach the Evertonians a lesson after their treatment of Rafa.

Everton down 

Very keen to see Sunderland go up, and the mackems to be deliriously happy, only to come bottom of the 'Champo' next season. Which they will as considering the investment needed to compete for promotion in that league. 

3 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Everton down 

Very keen to see Sunderland go up, and the mackems to be deliriously happy, only to come bottom of the 'Champo' next season. Which they will as considering the investment needed to compete for promotion in that league. 

Teams that get promoted to the championship historically has a decent chance of staying up. The last 10 seasons I think it's only been one or two seasons where 2 of the newly promoted teams have gone straight back down. 2 seasons none of the promoted teams got relegated and the rest 1 of the promoted teams went back down.

25 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Teams that get promoted to the championship historically has a decent chance of staying up. The last 10 seasons I think it's only been one or two seasons where 2 of the newly promoted teams have gone straight back down. 2 seasons none of the promoted teams got relegated and the rest 1 of the promoted teams went back down.

How many times have newly promoted teams went on to get promoted again? 

35 minutes ago, Dokko said:

100% Everton down. Sunderland are irrelevant. If they come up they'll go back down anyway.

Good question BTW. 

This. Sunderland are more just something to have a laugh at these days. Other than Geographically they'll likely never be proper rivals to us again, think Liverpool with Tranmere or Man Utd/City with Wigan or Rochdale. They go up and they'll spend next season fighting for their lives in the Champo, as they call it. Everton going down would be hilarious.

Edited by Wallsendmag

Prediction: Whatever happens with Everton over the next month and couple of years, this somewhat enthusiastic rivalry that lots seems to be enjoying- if not manufacturing- online will fizzle out and be all but forgotten in a few years time. No such thing will ever happen to Sunderland, however much we pretend it has to irritate them. 

It is the most hilarious situation to see Everton close to relegation.  My vote would be to see these relegated and judging from their run of games remaining it looks very likely.  Sunderland...  promotion....  meh...  if they come up to the "Champo" they will struggle like hell, probably go down in a season or two and yoyo for several seasons.  The Championship is seriously competitive at the top end and pretty much like League 1 at the bottom end.

I have never come across a more "entitled" set of fans than Everton...  Truly the Merseyside mackems.

Everton down and sunderland up would provide entertainment value on both counts. mackems might get themselves together over a few years to push for a return to the PL, by which point you'd like to think we'll be in a position to humiliate them twice a year. In the interim, we get to watch them face Everton in the Championship for a year at least? Sure, why not. Shame Everton would likely go back up quickly because even aside from my unreasonable bitterness, the visual of them running out in their state of the art new stadium in the second tier would've been objectively funny.