sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I have no desire to see these fuckers in the prem and have no difficulty admitting it's because I don't want to lose to them, which won't happen if we don't play them :lol:

Gan on Huddersfield 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Lose to WBA and surely that's playoffs gone. 

WBA still have sheff u as well as Sunderland to play yet whilst milwall still have Blackburn and Blackburn still have Burnley to play as well so a lot can still happen.

36 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Proper joke that teams get away with these bogus attendances.

Not sure how they get away with it, surely attendance  has to be correct for fire safety, policing etc 

I was hoping Millwall would have got an equaliser so that they were two games ahead of Sunderland (at the moment if Sunderland win and they lose, S'land would go ahead of them on GD), but they lost at home to Birmingham. That said, it gives teams like Norwich, Blackburn Coventry etc. the chance to pip them (Millwall) which might make for some more interesting playoff matches, as Millwall are pretty underwhelming.

Not a good result for Sunderland, but you never know, that point might be the difference at the end of 46 games, and they are unbeaten in 6.

Massive match for them against WBA on Sky Sunday, just before our match.

2 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Not sure how they get away with it, surely attendance  has to be correct for fire safety, policing etc 

The services are the ones who are given the actual attendance. The crowd released to public is tickets sold and in Sunderland's case given away

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The services are the ones who are given the actual attendance. The crowd released to public is tickets sold and in Sunderland's case given away

Aye, there’ll be counts through the turnstiles that are provided to safety teams.

Looking at tonight this has to be around 28K.

West Brom in the play-offs man,

imagine what could have been if they'd had a manager for the first 15games.

For that reason I want WBA up. So they'll not even make the play-offs most likely now.

Mackems only got 3games left? Feels like that's come out of nowhere.

Cant lose at West Brom then. 4 adrift with WBA having a game in hand won't do.

I see SkyBet have finally worked out that 'promotion' and 'to win the playoffs' are the same, and they are now 66/1 in both of those markets. Not quite as high as Betway's 100/1 or PP's 80/1 between their Cardiff and Birmingham matches, but still long enough for an 'emotional hedge' bet.

A win over WBA would obviously help, but they are currently 14/1 at SkyBet to make the playoffs (the only place currently offering that market whilst they update), so it's pretty unlikely that they will make the top 6.

10 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

In the history of the Championship play offs no team that has been on 61 points after 42 games have actually made it into the play offs that season.

Nee ideas if that's true, I just hope some mackem twat reads it and shits his pants.

The team that finished 6th will have a low points total compared to other years.

Stuck £20 on a double of them going up and us not getting top 4. Insane odds that would mean if we missed top 4,  I'm not ashamed to say that I'd be in the pub cheering them on if they got to Wembley. :lol:

image.png.19517176f623a2c8f44d8d2e31b62b88.png

Was tempted to do Spurs get top 4 and Sunderland promotion, which nets nearly £10k, but figured other teams could sneak it and I'd best not be greedy.

Yeah, it looks like they blew it last night. Too many teams around them now in better positions and games in hand. They could quite easily finish 12th at no fault of their own, there's that many in the mix. You'd fancy Norwich and Watford to put their so far shite seasons behind them in the last 4 games and put themselves in contention. West brom seem to be picking up again at the right time. 

Next season is going to be even tougher with at least 2 experienced PL teams coming down. This might have been their best chance of a quick return.

10 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

West Brom in the play-offs man,

imagine what could have been if they'd had a manager for the first 15games.

For that reason I want WBA up. So they'll not even make the play-offs most likely now.

Mackems only got 3games left? Feels like that's come out of nowhere.

Cant lose at West Brom then. 4 adrift with WBA having a game in hand won't do.

Millwall are dropping like a stone mind.  I don’t think they’ll be in the playoffs at the end of the season.  I fancy WBA to finish 5th - the Mackems have the same chance as Coventry, Blackburn etc