sunderland in the EFL

Big River

4 minutes ago, Klaus said:

'Good triumph over evil'  

:spit:

Yes, they weren't too fussed about who won when we played in the champions league on previous occasions apparently, a sort of 'may the best team win' attitude I assume, not at all FTM and bile towards all of our players or anything, because we weren't evil then.

It drives them insane as they know they'll never see their club in Europe, not even 3rd tier European competition, never mind champions league. 

For that alone, the banner gets a big thumbs up from me. 

They'll pretend they'll not be watching, but if Milan win then they'll all be out the woodwork. Biggest game of the season for them.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I'm from an era when piss taking of your nearest and dearest was a prominent part of supporting your team. That rivallry and tribalism was what made football more special than any other sport.

A lot of the newer breed of supporter doesn't see it that way though and are more worried about how they might be viewed on social media.

There was a while when they got more pissed off that we didn't need to take the piss. Our recent "success" has came so quick that we are still taking the piss. Give this disparity another year or two and we'll not need to and they'll just be quiet except when talking to their own.

3 hours ago, madras said:

There was a while when they got more pissed off that we didn't need to take the piss. Our recent "success" has came so quick that we are still taking the piss. Give this disparity another year or two and we'll not need to and they'll just be quiet except when talking to their own.

We’ve let them off lightly in the past by doing this.  This time I want it to haunt their dreams - I want them thinking about it all the time.   

5 hours ago, madras said:

I'll never stop taking the piss. My one regret when they dropped to League One and festered down there was that we had Ashkey and Bruce here so I couldn't revel in it like I should have been able to.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’ve let them off lightly in the past by doing this.  This time I want it to haunt their dreams - I want them thinking about it all the time.   

It wasn't letting them off, they hated it more than treating them as relevant.

We seen how ludicrous they were in 2016-2017 when they had even the slightest upper hand over us.  Lumping us in with all other "non-league football", enjoy Burton, etc...

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, man?  They'd be even more unbearable. Fuck them.

Edited by Sima

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, giving them ammo about us always thinking of them is a bit unfortunate, but on the other hand they are our rivals and this is a prime opportunity to take the piss out of them. 

I guess ultimately as long as the vast majority of our energy is pro-Newcastle, I don't mind a small percentage going towards laughing at them. Just keep it minor and in the background, much like they are.

13 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Ffs our rivals haven’t suddenly become Man City and Real Madrid.

Just because we’ve had a couple of decent seasons and have some money, this lot will always be our rivals it’s based on years of rivalry.

Did Celtic forget about Rangers when they were demoted ?

These cunts would be 10 times worse if the boot was on the other foot due to their inferiority complex.

Milk it and rub their mackem fucking noses in it.

I agree with you, Fair game I say.

12 hours ago, madras said:

This is sort of where I am tbh. I understand why people feel the need to take the piss, but it just feels like we are giving them oxygen in places like Milan when they really shouldn't even be mentioned out there. If there's a bridge in Spennymoor, maybe we could hang a poster there. "Have you ever seen a mackem in Waitrose" or something.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is sort of where I am tbh. I understand why people feel the need to take the piss, but it just feels like we are giving them oxygen in places like Milan when they really shouldn't even be mentioned out there. If there's a bridge in Spennymoor, maybe we could hang a poster there. "Have you ever seen a mackem in Waitrose" or something.

Don’t think that song would catch on though 

12 hours ago, madras said:

I think that's the way it will go based on previous occasions.

Its very cyclical and seems based on how full of themselves or not they are at the time.  If they accept they're no competition they're left to just get on with it.

But when they get carried away, full of themselves like were competitive over the slighest thing - and milk two 2-1 wins and 7th place finishes more than we milked an era of being lightyears ahead of them it recharges things for a while. 

Like being ahead of us after 3games in 96/97, slap downs are required having amounted to little more than a result you heard leaving the ground or on the radio for the previous 4years as was the case under Sir Bobby and now.

In the end we finished 2nd and qualified for the CL whilst they were relegated but it came back around with the two 2-1 wins and 7th place finishes followed by relegation for them and CL football for us again, right up to the present post Ashley/post Ashley era.

On 18/09/2023 at 20:28, TristandaCuna mags said:

They hired an aeroplane and flew a flag over SJP you dopey cunts

And what did people think when they did this?

Or when they have FTM upon their flags, banners and even online user names?

Do we fume, seething internally at their brilliant genius wit and perspicacity?

No, I think what a bunch of sad little fucks, especially when they paid good money for the aeroplane, pointless and futile, like them.

21 hours ago, mush said:

What? The classiest fans in the world? Surely you must be mistaken

Seen an account on Twitter set up to point out the “immoral” NUFC related chat making snide comments about it.

Almost as if all this hewman rights patter from them is disingenuous. Weird breed of people. :lol: 

57 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

3.thumb.JPG.88d72624d49d0d7a9858c78f8aa77557.JPG2.thumb.JPG.8e4459f008c6544fa5e9d332a3fa58b1.JPG1.thumb.JPG.93c3a680836a9ebd92e38efcb71d67f2.JPG

5.thumb.JPG.6571a48eb80b53ca019e0d3979625d7c.JPG

think the banner comes into its own when you remember what were dealing with here.

Aye thick as pig shit, Hank Williams doesn’t even understand how ticket allocations work and should worry about his own club failing to sell out an away game for the 2nd time already this season.

pierrot

Striker

Today at 3:06 PM

I’m looking forward to the game tonight it’s only just up the road, I wasn’t aware until yesterday when the ticket office posted there were 400 seats still available 
Im so used to not having enough points I don’t usually bother to look.

Edited by Whitley mag