sunderland in the EFL

Big River

20 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Some people on here think it's mad you'd take your 4 yr old to a home game never mind a pub full of opposition 

Kind of agree with them to certain point, 50k people singing and shouting could be very intimidating to a very young child the first time they experience it.

Modern snowflakes ehhh 

Absolutely no chance I'd take my kid to a game. The amount of people on gear and shouting nonsense all 90 minutes isn't what I'd want my child to experience. They can wait till they get a bit older and realise how the world works first 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Mackem lad at work told me weeks ago that Ballard would get in our starting 11, going to have to admit he was right when I see him tomorrow 😂

:lol:

wouldn’t get a game in our reserves, he’s an absolute donkey. 

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yesterday probably knocked £10m off his and Clarke's combined fees.

Clarke done fuck all and is clearly a liability defensively.

Be amazed if anyone above lower mid table PL signed him.

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Mackem lad at work told me weeks ago that Ballard would get in our starting 11, going to have to admit he was right when I see him tomorrow 😂

To be fair. He’d add some much needed pace to our backline. 

He’d also add some Boumsong’esque comedy capers with how rash he was at times.

What’s not to like?! 

Edited by Lush Vlad

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I thought he looked clumsy, though I think he’s unlucky with the OG - Isak was going to score if he doesn’t get something on it.  The ball by Joelinton was a nightmare to deal with.

Incidentally, Joelinton is fucking brilliant at those sort balls from the left.  They’re a nightmare to defend.  I still prefer big Joe at LW. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I thought he looked clumsy, though I think he’s unlucky with the OG - Isak was going to score if he doesn’t get something on it.  The ball by Joelinton was a nightmare to deal with.

Incidentally, Joelinton is fucking brilliant at those sort balls from the left.  They’re a nightmare to defend.  I still prefer big Joe at LW. 

Agreed - I love big Joe out on the left when he’s up for it. 

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/my-young-8-year-old-lad-doesn’t-like-sunderland-any-more.1624425/page-3

My little 4 year olds first full game in the pub, unfortunately it was rife with Mags like and he kept saying it stank on their side of the room, I may have said it first for him to copy.

Luckily he's none the wiser and he had a good time, didn't understand it was a dog shit result, just enjoyed shouting for Sunderland.

WTF, taking a 4 year old to the Pub thats full of Mags to watch the match.

Fucking Mental that you would do that, what part of his brain thought that was a good idea.

it’ll be a pub in Concord, Jarra or Hebburn - he says their side of room - they do this in bars over there where the regulars are 50/50. Be perfectly safe imho not like taking a bairn to watch it in Butlers when you’re a mackem 

Reading RTG this morning and it's amazing how the narrative of how they see themselves has changed now we've beaten them.

Beforehand it was:

"Pffft, we'd give PSG and Milan a game, cracking team of young players we have"

"We should definitely be getting playoffs, we belong in the Premier League with this side, be playing the mags twice more next season"

"We're a bigger club than them"

Now they've been spanked:

"Taking a club photo on the pitch is embarrassing. Spent £500m and they've finally beaten little old Sunderland"

"They beat a mid table Championship team, hilarious how they're celebrating it"

"They are streets ahead of us and yet they way they're going on is ridiculous"

Absolutely fantastic how the narrative shifts in order for them to clutch at the only straws they now have left. On that point about the club photo... that's embarrassing of us to do, but belly-sliding down the Gallowgate End in front of their away fans when they won at our place isn't. The double standards and changing of their story by these thick cunts as ever is incredible :lol:

Hopefully yesterday represented the start of another beaten generation of Sunlin fans who will never see their team beat us, especially given they'll probably only have occasional one season PL tours and even more occasional cup ties to attempt it in.

If it wasn't for Ballard it would have been a cricket score. He lost his head at the end, but that was sheer frustration at everyone around him doing fuck all. 

Pritchard has a good 10mins when he woke up finding space without joelinton, but the rest were poor. 

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There is nothing to be gained from it.  Victory is a relief, and defeat would be bleak.  I’m much happier to watch them pissing around in the lower leagues broken and broke.  It’s not risk aversion - I just want their club to fail. 

I’m glad we’ve finally beat them again and now we can skew the numbers to suit ourselves like they did. For example only one team has won the derby over the last 8 years and it’s not Sunderland 

I’ll be happy if they stay down there for many years now

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not for me. He is good there and is brilliant when he swaps positions like he did here. But those runs from deep where Schar looks for him or the channel runs like this one work brilliantly when he is playing centre mid. Can drift about and isn’t starting out wide. 

I also think our midfield needs him in for a lot of games. Even when everyone is fit, he is invaluable in there for away games/big matches. Just love how involved he is when he is in the 3. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

21 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If it wasn't for Ballard it would have been a cricket score. He lost his head at the end, but that was sheer frustration at everyone around him doing fuck all. 

Pritchard has a good 10mins when he woke up finding space without joelinton, but the rest were poor. 

Dullard should have been off for the rugby tackle on Isak in the first half

My favourite is that without the takeover they'd have won and inflicted a decade of misery on us. Completely ignoring that without Ashley they'd have rarely if ever got anything against us in the first place.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Look lads, we might have won the battle, but we lost the logging into a forum and pretending to be an opposition fan complimenting our club, city, and fans in the most saccharine manner imaginable to make ourselves feel better. And that's the real victory.

12 minutes ago, Mills and Boon said:

Dullard should have been off for the rugby tackle on Isak in the first half

Tbf i'd have sent him off for that. Wasn't a pen as it started outside the box, but he was lucky to stay on. It was desperate defending, but again he had to do a lot of that because of the opposition and his teammates. Hume could and should have been sent off at least twice, and was probably more lucky to stay on the pitch. The ref clearly wanted to keep them in it to avoid ructions. 

57 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

it’ll be a pub in Concord, Jarra or Hebburn - he says their side of room - they do this in bars over there where the regulars are 50/50. Be perfectly safe imho not like taking a bairn to watch it in Butlers when you’re a mackem 

Be shocked if it was jarra or Hebburn. Every photo/video I have seen was vast majority us and definitely no Sunderland ends in them. Even their pub beggars has a sizable Newcastle base these days 🤣

Edit: I'm reading far too much into a completely fictional story mind

Edited by Fezzle

Just now, Dokko said:

Tbf i'd have sent him off for that. Wasn't a pen as it started outside the box, but he was lucky to stay on. It was desperate defending, but again he had to do a lot of that because of the opposition and his teammates. Hume could and should have been sent off at least twice, and was probably more lucky to stay on the pitch. The ref clearly wanted to keep them in it to avoid ructions. 

The rule changed didn’t it? If it continues into the box it’s a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Look lads, we might have won the battle, but we lost the logging into a forum and pretending to be an opposition fan complimenting our club, city, and fans in the most saccharine manner imaginable to make ourselves feel better. And that's the real victory.

the simpsons lemon GIF