sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

To be fair all he did was run at defenders who backtracked away from him then had a couple of potshots.

Granted it was more than the rest of them did, but it's hardly a sign of quality. He didn't actually "do" anything that a pub level footballer couldn't have done.

(Not calling him a pub level player, just saying his 'positive contributions' against us didn't require any level of skill, just the ability to run forwards completely unopposed, and then kick a ball at the goal without scoring)

I'm a sad cunt with snide TV so have been watching these scruffs for years. Usually until they score then I turn it over 🙄

Granted it was mostly 3rd tier football but him, Roberts, Stewart and Clark were the only ones that ever stood out. 

Couple of loanees, obvs, but the rest are dross. Even £35m Neil

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge. Derbies aside, if this lot were playing in my garden I'd close the curtains.

Tbf they play some decent football normally. Just lightweight and never have a striker. 

Apart from that they're wank. 

How big's the garden like? You live in Darras Hall? 

Birmingham making huge efforts to fill their ground for the home game v Wincie's Shed 11

The thread on it is a delightful journey through lack of self awareness via irony finishing up at their "FA Cup final"

Hope the boy Pritchard scores a hat trick 😂

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Birmingham making huge efforts to fill their ground for the home game v Wincie's Shed 11

The thread on it is a delightful journey through lack of self awareness via irony finishing up at their "FA Cup final"

Hope the boy Pritchard scores a hat trick 😂

I love how every match they play in the lower divisions is their opponent’s ‘FA Cup Final’, yet we’re the arrogant ones

They were a big draw in L1 for some of the smaller teams.

Nobody gives a shit about them in the Championship, that's their level. Leicester, Leeds and Southampton all far bigger clubs than they are over the last 20-30 years, which is the only relevant time period for spectators - maybe even less.

It seems to be a part of their coping mechanism to convince themselves that every team raises their game considerably when they play Sun'lun rather than to simply admit that they themselves are complete dogshit and can easily be beaten by any of their "Champo" rivals.

A bus that goes from a boozer in Hebburn have to leave at 9am on Sunday to join a convoy for a 12pm home match!

To say they aren't happy is an understatement!

1 hour ago, TRon said:

The only reason anyone even knows there's a town called Sunderland is because it's next to Newcastle.

timestamp 29 seconds

Edited by geordie_b

Guest reefatoon

They have just signed someone from Standard Liege for £2m. January transfer window top dogs.

32 minutes ago, Paully said:

A bus that goes from a boozer in Hebburn have to leave at 9am on Sunday to join a convoy for a 12pm home match!

To say they aren't happy is an understatement!

Longship?