sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Kate Adie was born in Whitley Bay and Bryan Ferry is a Mag.Wearside Jack is a mackem through and through.One of their own.

Me mother reckons she went to school with Bryan ferry in Benton , brings it up every time Roxy come on šŸ˜ point is Tommy lad they'll do owt to claim someone as there own.

Apart from the ripper like šŸ¤£šŸ‘

7 minutes ago, John tolan said:

Me mother reckons she went to school with Bryan ferry in Benton , brings it up every time Roxy come on šŸ˜ point is Tommy lad they'll do owt to claim someone as there own.

Apart from the ripper like šŸ¤£šŸ‘

He was born in Washington and went to school there.Just as well Iā€™m here to keep them on their toes šŸ˜€

Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

He was born in Washington and went to school there.Just as well Iā€™m here to keep them on their toes šŸ˜€

Ā 

Ā 

Am in Washington now pal, kick the fuckin bins every morning šŸ˜œ Sunderland city council my arse. Christ it's like bandit country seeing red n white trakky bottoms , got to rub me eyes

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Kate Adie was born in Whitley Bay and Bryan Ferry is a Mag.Wearside Jack is a mackem through and through.One of their own.

She was born Whitley but brought up in Sunderland. Family history has her lodging in what is now my Father in laws house (been in the family since it was built) when she was at Newcastle uni.

13 minutes ago, madras said:

She was born Whitley but brought up in Sunderland. Family history has her lodging in what is now my Father in laws house (been in the family since it was built) when she was at Newcastle uni.

This will tip them over the edge, only Dave Stewart left

Ā 

52 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Ā 

Ā 

Went to Washington Grammar (as was), played in the same school

side as Howard Kendall. He lived in Brady Square but has relatives all

over Washington.

11 hours ago, Stifler said:

Urgh, itā€™s a tedious argument, they are not going to concede. They will always try to justify themselves, either by saying they have more support, have bigger support in curtain circumstances etc.

In all honesty though, their stadium is too big for them. They canā€™t fill it and never really have been able too consistently. In League One it was a noose around their necks. Too much for the upkeep on a League One budget. If it wasnā€™t for some trust fund billionaireā€™s desire to emulate daddy by owning a football club, any football club, it would have spelt then end for them. Fact is, even in the Premier League they couldnā€™t fill it. Iā€™m not saying that they don't have a decent sized following, and those who actually go to games are dedicated fans, what Iā€™m saying is that a 49k seater stadium is about 15k too big for them.

You know what, thatā€™s alright to say though, because even if they were getting 30k-35k, which is achievable, then that is still comparable to clubs in cities of their size.

Ā 

If I was their owner, Iā€™d honestly demolish the stadium and build a better but smaller capacity one in its place. As much as they try to differentiate it from the other flat pack stadium with their brickwork around it, itā€™s still just a run of the mill flat pack. A new stadium with more facilities for fans would be a much better way to go and a way to entice fans in. Right now though they look like they are going to be in trouble attracting fans. If we even start to become semi-successful, then places outside of Sunderland which has Sunderland fans, like South Shields, Washington, Durham etc will all start turning black & white, if they are still milling about in the Championship. On top of that the EFL are wanting to broadcast every game, and Sunderland is a place thatā€™s been criticised for having a large amount of fans who would rather sit in a pub or at home watching games on foreign broadcasts. Broadcasting their games domestically will not help them. They are going to have to think outside of the box to entice an acceptable level of support to keep going to their games.

Is a great typo that I haven't seen before.[emoji38]Ā 

1 hour ago, John tolan said:

Am in Washington now pal, kick the fuckin bins every morning šŸ˜œ Sunderland city council my arse. Christ it's like bandit country seeing red n white trakky bottoms , got to rub me eyes

When that early morning sun shines off those shell suitsĀ 

Edited by tomlynnherrington

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

over Washington.

Always wondered where Howard Kendall fell, knew he was from Washington but not sure which way he faced.

Yeah Ferry going to Columbia school is what I'd always heard, so Brady Square makes sense.

Lass I knew lived there got into the music scene too, c**t wrote a song about me but just wont let me have it for some unbeknowst reason. The lass, not Ferry.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

over Washington.

That's me mother's crak blew to bits, held onto that for over 40 years she hasšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ lying cunt

1 minute ago, John tolan said:

That's me mother's crak blew to bits, held onto that for over 40 years she hasšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ lying cunt

Time can do that to ya, I'm still convinced I saw Adele performing in East Stanley and Beamish cricket club one saturday night back in the day.

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Time can do that to ya, I'm still convinced I saw Adele performing in East Stanley and Beamish cricket club one saturday night back in the day.

A heard that her 3rd album was based around massive lads fans in annfield plain likeĀ 

17 minutes ago, John tolan said:

Poor dear will now be thinking " who was that 20mins in the art supply cupboard then ?"

4 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Ā 

I'm from annfield plain and can confirm this.

I fucking knew it was her, I mean I'd been drinking in the sun all day and had just eaten some questionable warm Cockels off the mobile fish man and my wife said it was just a young fat lass with a canny voice, but it feels nice to be vindicated after all these years.

10 minutes ago, midds said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/special-mention-to-our-fans.1592924/

Ā 

If your toes don't dislocate themselves because of the amount of cringe in here then you need to have a word. Best fans in the world - officially voted for by... themselves. Can't get higher praise than that

"Any video clips of the lads outside singing? Great support as usual to every man women and child"

Ā 

No mate, no there's not, coz it didn't really happen, did it?

Ā 

They're having to make loads of shit up now to ease their broken souls