sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

96/97 last day was the best day I can remember for everything going right.  We could have finished as low as 4th, but hammered Forest 5-0 and ended up 2nd and qualified for the European Cup (Champions League) thanks to Liverpool failing to beat Sheff Wed.  The mackems AND the smoggies both could have stayed up, but the smoggies lost at Leeds and the mackems didn't get what they needed at Wimbledon, and Southampton and Coventry did.  Mackems and smoggies down, Geordies qualify for Champions League.  Bliss :) 

Also had to win by more than Arsenal did. 1-0 win and they'd have overtaken us. Literally the perfect end.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Never underestimate the mackems ability to blow their own wheels off. Certainly never underestimate their ability to turn a bad situation on the field into a toxic situation in the stands. If things don't pick up things will keep souring to a point where the players hate the club again, and the fans hate everything bar whoever is playing Newcastle.

All the teams around them should be doing better, and over the season could quite easily meet those expectations, certainly the majority will be in a better position to bring in some quality, and we've got a few Championship players who need to get out of the club either on loan or frees. I'm quite happy to help West Brom now the cancer has gone.

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Going off mackem logic,because we didn’t get beat off them during the 1996/97 season, ( we won and drew) we relegated them.

84/85 02/03 and 05/06 too.

Even if getting record low points in the latter two (ha ha) provides them with some cover then were responsible for that.

I like the distinction though of celebrating qualifying for the champions league twice whilst they were relegated whereas they celebrate qualifying for four points ahead, when were relegated. Almost like they celebrate our demise rather than any acievements of their own, because there aren't any, or something.

44 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You'd think when Stewart returns they'll be fine like. Doubt they'll make the top 6 though.

Yeah I think they will probably finish upper mid table. I've been quite shocked how poor the standard of the championship is this year as it's usually half decent. The gap between the Championship and Premier League is widening. The majority of promoted teams are ones who have been relegated and have the advantage of premiership money. 

Edited by et tu brute

48 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah I think they will probably finish upper mid table. I've been quite shocked how poor the standard of the championship is this year as it's usually half decent. The gap between the Championship and Premier League is widening. The majority of promoted teams are ones who have been relegated and have the advantage of premiership money. 

Last night "all results are going against us" they weren't looking at teams around the play offs. Reality hitting home  

Apparently the metro’s north of Newcastle are crammed full of mackems travelling to the SoS  when they’re at home. Aye I’ve often not been able to get on a metro from four lane ends into the toon cos of it being rammed with mlfs :mackems:ffs they just spout utter shit ….I can’t even ever recall seeing one of the fuckers. 

9 minutes ago, Cattletrucked said:

Apparently the metro’s north of Newcastle are crammed full of mackems travelling to the SoS  when they’re at home. Aye I’ve often not been able to get on a metro from four lane ends into the toon cos of it being rammed with mlfs :mackems:ffs they just spout utter shit ….I can’t even ever recall seeing one of the fuckers. 

The best one is when there is engineering work on the Metro, some of them always bang on about it's only when they have home games and never when we do. They still spout this shite even when some of their own supporters point out that this is rubbish 

18 minutes ago, Cattletrucked said:

So even if this was true, I take it its OK to support sunderland if youre from outside of sunderland but not OK to support Newcastle if you're not from Newcastle?

They love tying themselves in knots.

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

So even if this was true, I take it its OK to support sunderland if youre from outside of sunderland but not OK to support Newcastle if you're not from Newcastle?

They love tying themselves in knots.

The daft fuckers were trying to convince themselves that if you're not born in Newcastle then you're not a Geordie a few weeks ago 

10 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The daft fuckers were trying to convince themselves that if you're not born in Newcastle then you're not a Geordie a few weeks ago 

A wasn't born in Sunderland but have always considered meself a daft cunt, does this count😆

18 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Worse than that, some were saying we've appropriated the name Geordie and they refuse to acknowledge it.

Its one step away from saying we should just be called Castle because the castle isn't new.

Seen someone on there say its getting impossible to get back to Gateshead after a game when the Metro's are off.  He'd be no good on the Crystal Maze.

Edited by Wolfcastle

39 minutes ago, Cattletrucked said:

I’ll just leave this here …..unbelievable :mackems:4640E88A-0982-4A0C-B17D-D8634933FAAE.thumb.png.c4e4c42cc591722c597b1c3729f34faa.png

The daft fucker needs to compare gates from the same era of time and not nearly 30 years later, when all gates have increased. They keep bringing the larger population despite the two cities being only fucking 14 miles apart. Typical mackems trying to distort or usually lie about stuff to make a point. Bit like when they keep mentioning Ashley giving 10,000 tickets away, conveniently ignoring that the actual average up to that point was 46,000. When it comes to comparing attendances, they are a distant second best. 

4 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

I’ll just leave this here …..unbelievable :mackems:4640E88A-0982-4A0C-B17D-D8634933FAAE.thumb.png.c4e4c42cc591722c597b1c3729f34faa.png

That clown actually believes that FFS ! 

Since 1893 we have had higher attendances in 96 seasons compared to them having the better attendances in only 21.

"Fair weather" :mackems:

Read this you daft SMB..

https://www.geordietimes.com/2012/10/nufc-v-safcaverage-gates1893-to-2012.html