sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

I've convinced myself it was Dancing Brave for over a year now :facepalm:

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a smart arse, assumed you knew and there was a reason for it 🤣

I have a framed photo of DB winning the Arc in my bathroom (sad, I know 😆)

15 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

:mackems:

I love it. If the mods could let me change my user name to that, I'd do it straight away.

Err, wrong name again, it's Pingel.

There's a theme here...😁

9 minutes ago, wmot said:

Err, wrong name again, it's Pingel.

There's a theme here...😁

:mackems:  I'm having a nightmare both here and on the real horses today 

I still like the sound of Frankel Pingel  O0 as a user name.

Edited by Dancing Brave

18 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Can remember a huge toon contingent in there  in 85 too. No one laid a finger on them.

Tbf Sunderland was never a place to be feared. Remember as a 13 year old back in 1991 my parents being cool with me going there when we played them and again the following season. The seaon after that we played Boro away in the League Cup and my dad wouldn't let me go. Middlesbrough was a place you needed your wits about you as an away fan, but on both those occasions I went to Sunderland in 1991 and 1992 I remember far more Newcastle fans milling around outside than home fans, especially 1992. Almost felt like a home gane outside!

14 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Tbf Sunderland was never a place to be feared. Remember as a 13 year old back in 1991 my parents being cool with me going there when we played them and again the following season. The seaon after that we played Boro away in the League Cup and my dad wouldn't let me go. Middlesbrough was a place you needed your wits about you as an away fan, but on both those occasions I went to Sunderland in 1991 and 1992 I remember far more Newcastle fans milling around outside than home fans, especially 1992. Almost felt like a home gane outside!

Yeah, likewise for me.  I was in my late teens before I was able to go to Boro away, due to the reputation

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

The only thing you had to worry about at Roker was the cunts throwing bricks outside of the ground and running away. Saw one or two of our fans having nasty injuries due to this.

Edited by et tu brute

On 26/11/2022 at 21:38, Wallsendmag said:

My first away game the 1991 game. Barely saw a thing of course but loved it all the same. I remember it being not hostile at all and kinda cringe when they played 'we will rock you' and dead right that Boro in 92 was very different, saw someone dragged into an alley like a hook on a stage near the ground.

Edited by Wolfcastle

48 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Just looked in on Groomers, the thread on us has been silent since midday which is unusual to say the least. I wonder if all the speculation about gulf takeovers of Liverpool and Man U has taken the wind out of their sails.

Maybe it's because that obsessed nutcase excile is concentrating on his youtube channel ?

29 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Can confirm that they were handing out free tickets in their thousands for this.

People talking about women's football and attendances.

People thus aren't talking about beheadings and murder

Sportswashing

More lies, they're totally broken :lol:

Where were the free tickets like?

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Our 4th devision lasses nearly broke their attendance record for this season.

We will get a bigger crowd against a second tier Spanish side than what they’ll get all season, at a similar price for tickets too. Looking forward to the excuses rolling out then. 

When they had a women's game at the stadium of light the only price they had to pay was to stick around after their first-team game's early kick off that they'd already paid for and watch the lasses and they still couldn't be arsed.

Its hard enough herding them into going to the ground, no chance of keeping them there.

26 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

We will get a bigger crowd against a second tier Spanish side than what they’ll get all season, at a similar price for tickets too. Looking forward to the excuses rolling out then. 

They'll just pretend loads of free tickets were given away like they did today for the lasses. If they can't think of an excuse for things they just bareface lie!