sunderland in the EFL

Big River

MurtonMark said:

Mind you, unless a trophy for them would magically put Jamal Khasshoggi back together, their results are largely f***ing irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

sofatester

This. 100 percent it's like being envious of Peter Sutcliffe

9 hours ago, madras said:

Re Boro, I work down that way a fair bit and they're OK. They are looking for a place in the world as their local derbies are against teams who don't see them as their prime derby. Plus they don't hate us the way they did.

I’ve worked there for over ten years. Never had any animosity over football, just friendly craic.

9 hours ago, Paullow said:

I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow, and I'll be far more interested than if it was Sunderland vs Watford/Norwich etc. there's definitely an edge to the fixture.

I was also browsing a Boro forum - plenty of 'in shadow' talk on this thread, which won't particularly please any lurking Wearsiders [emoji38]

https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads/is-it-a-derby.41469/

A couple of quotes from that thread :lol:

"They will never admit it but they feel inferior to Newcastle because they know Newcastle are a bigger club on every level."

"As the little brother to Newcastle they have always been desperate to be seen as just as big and an important club in England."

6 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

A couple of quotes from that thread :lol:

"They will never admit it but they feel inferior to Newcastle because they know Newcastle are a bigger club on every level."

"As the little brother to Newcastle they have always been desperate to be seen as just as big and an important club in England."

Yeah, there's a fair few more. I was having a bit of a chuckle reading it last night, ha.

I would like to see Newcastle do well for three reasons. It puts the NE on the national football map. It means Blunderland remain in their shadow, which must be so hard for them to accept, and they cannot boast about being the top NE team because the facts speak for themselves. Newcastle look a good bet for a trophy this season, which will push the knife even further into their envious chest.

They don't like to be told but they are forever in the shadow of their bigger cousins from the Tyne.

they’re a funny bunch, living in Newcastles shadow.

They get good attendances. Mind their prices are much lower than ours and have been for years. They just have a bigger fanbase. Although historically their attendances are much more similar to ours than Newcastle. It's an inconvenient truth for them that they are looked upon by the rest of the country as a club that is similar in size to Boro and not Newcastle.

We are Sunderland AFC’s ‘Perfect Cousin’, Kevin (copyright The Undertones). The Kevin’s would be a nice, and more honest addition to their NUFC lexicon. One of the reasons we should sign Gordon is he’s the most likely walking modern-day fashion disaster likely to wear an expensive full-length sheepskin jacket… .

1 minute ago, Paully said:

Magedia!

Never known a current player to commentate on their team before?!

They've started doing this for some reason, cameo appearances. Port Vale's director Flitcroft did a bit of their match with Peterborough the other night, and then Wilder (neutral) was a third wheel in the Burnley-WBA match on Friday.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

They've started doing this for some reason, cameo appearances. Port Vale's director Flitcroft did a bit of their match with Peterborough the other night, and then Wilder (neutral) was a third wheel in the Burnley-WBA match on Friday.

He’s boring though - heard the word “I’ve” about two hundred times already though.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

O'nien in the punditry seat for Sky whilst serving a ban? 

Is that a thing? 

My previous post was about him - he’s so self centred, every sentence starts with I’ve …. - just STFU for a couple of seconds 

2 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Ross Stewart could we knick him for backup

Always thought this but thought I’d get nailed to the wall for every morning it - glad someone else has.

Apparently he can head the ball as well according to a few Mackem family members