sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 minutes ago, midds said:

In hindsight he should have just taken the red and pulled him down 20 yards earlier, he was never going to get ahead of him.

Or let him shoot on goal, and worst case scenario, you've still got 40 mins to try and get an equaliser with the same amount of players.

Would they sell Stewart if an offer camenin for him? Are they desperate for cash? Think of it like how we got Wood of Burnley for the relegation fight. If say Boro or Burnley wanted him, it may just destabalise their promotion rivals. I doubt the cunts will spend the money well to get a replacement, if they have time that is.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Or let him shoot on goal, and worst case scenario, you've still got 40 mins to try and get an equaliser with the same amount of players.

:thup: Fair point. 

Just saying the defender made the worst possible decision :lol:

17 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Would they sell Stewart if an offer camenin for him? Are they desperate for cash? Think of it like how we got Wood of Burnley for the relegation fight. If say Boro or Burnley wanted him, it may just destabalise their promotion rivals. I doubt the cunts will spend the money well to get a replacement, if they have time that is.

Think his contract runs out in the summer doesn’t it? Apparently he’s also on really shit wages.  10 championship goals this season from 13 appearances so I’d be surprised if other clubs aren’t looking at him.

I’ve said it for years but the loan system really should be scrapped/overhauled. There shouldn’t be £25m+ players in this league available for teams to borrow. Sunderland will never be able to buy Diallo so why should they be able to benefit from him for a few months? It just encourages stockpiling of players by the top teams and a secondary business model for loan fees.

The only way the loan system should exist for senior (or any purchased player) is on a try before you buy basis. A purchase price should be included in all loans agreements and those funds are put in escrow, the team loaning the player can then complete the purchase at any point. 

Edited by geordie_b

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I’ve said it for years but the loan system really should be scrapped/overhauled. There shouldn’t be £25m+ players in this league available for teams to borrow. Sunderland will never be able to buy Diallo so why should they be able to benefit from him for a few months? It just encourages stockpiling of players by the top teams and a secondary business model for loan fees.

The only way the loan system should exist for senior (or any purchased player) is on a try before you buy basis. A purchase price should be included in all loans agreements and those funds are put in escrow, the team loaning the player can then complete the purchase at any point. 

Nah , I like the loan system the way it is 

15 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

I've never watched a Sunderland match (live on the telly) when they were not playing us. why would I ? 

Because it's a football match on TV. Why shouldn't you? Today was quite an intriguing match heading into it with them both in and around the playoffs and the geographic proximity. Granted I switched over at the pen / red card, but it was an interesting match.

Loads of non Leeds and Brentford fans will be tuning into this match at the moment, hence why Sky / BT pay so much for the rights. 

I was looking forward to that game, thought it might be a bit spicy.

Maybe due to the early kick off, but it was a bit of a damp squib and then over as a contest with the sending off.

Sunderland played better and deserved it, tbf, but Boro didn't really turn up. If they're a play off team, that league is wide open.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Stand up if you hate the Mags?

I mean to be fair we've plenty of times sung "stand up if you hate Sunderland". I've not heard it in a while, thankfully, but it's hardly completely unknown.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Harry Kane went on loan to Norwich , Great experience and gives players a platform to play 1st team football 

Harry Kane being a youth product of a Tottenham and being loaned for development is different to Sunderland loaning a 25-40m player which Man Utd are farming out. If they weren’t allowed to that player would be at a lower level team playing every week and not just part of a cynical land grab by the rich

5 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Harry Kane being a youth product of a Tottenham and being loaned for development is different to Sunderland loaning a 25-40m player which Man Utd are farming out. If they weren’t allowed to that player would be at a lower level team playing every week and not just part of a cynical land grab by the rich

Kuol to hearts? 

Edited by Dokko