sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sometimes I think it'd be fun to have the derby back, particularly as we're like to smash them about twice a season. Then I remember that they're racist, nonce cheering, seagull shagging, coin throwing, pant shitting troglodytes, who along with their litter filled , shit tip of a stadium, should be condemned to the lower division for as long they are a total fucking embarrassment to the North-East.

However, as a counter point they have been one of the most vocal and passionate human rights activists around.

Since October 2021 anyway...

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sometimes I think it'd be fun to have the derby back, particularly as we're like to smash them about twice a season. Then I remember that they're racist, nonce cheering, seagull shagging, coin throwing, pant shitting troglodytes, who along with their litter filled , shit tip of a stadium, should be condemned to the lower division for as long they are a total fucking embarrassment to the North-East.

:lol:

In a nutshell 

45 minutes ago, Troll said:

Not sure why Boro are part of the question.  Does anyone actually consider them rivals anymore?  

Anymore?

I've never considered them rivals, not even when they had Juninho, Ravenelli etc. In fact for the most part I wished then well, including on there UEFA cup run a while back. I understand they hate us, but they're irrelevant to me. It's like if Darlington or Hartlepool got in the top flight, I'd probably wish them well too.

Just now, Chris_R said:

Anymore?

I've never considered them rivals, not even when they had Juninho, Ravenelli etc. In fact for the most part I wished then well, including on there UEFA cup run a while back. I understand they hate us, but they're irrelevant to me. It's like if Darlington or Hartlepool got in the top flight, I'd probably wish them well too.

Agreed. The local tv catchment area might have been Tyne-Tees but they’re about as big a rival for Newcastle as Hull are to Leeds.

I always think the Smoggies are desperate to be hated by someone, just to be relevant. They seem to have issues with Leeds, Sunderland and Newcastle and not one of those clubs really give that much of a shit about Boro

3 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Anymore?

Aye same for me. Haven't played them in over 10 years now but it was always just another game for me. Tbh I think playing Leeds or even West Ham was always considered a bigger game for NUFC fans than a game against Middlesbrough when I first started going back in the 80s.

I think they suffer from not having a rival to call their own due to their Geographical position so have tried to hang onto the coat tails of us, the mackems and even Leeds in the past trying to work up a bit needle but the feeling is never reciprocated.

Actually wouldn't mind them coming up. Got a Wallsend lad managing them and he's done a great job. They were either in, or very close to the relegation places when he came in.

"Work with plenty mags and they always seemed to scrap with fellow mags on trains etc which i found bizzare!
Hopefully this incident is a rarity as ive always found our support first class."

Is this a thing? has our support changed? would never happen back in the day:coolsmiley: 

9 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

"Work with plenty mags and they always seemed to scrap with fellow mags on trains etc which i found bizzare!
Hopefully this incident is a rarity as ive always found our support first class."

Is this a thing? has our support changed? would never happen back in the day:coolsmiley: 

It happens - saw a fair amount of shit between north and south of Tyne Mags down the years, none worse than the radgies in Magaluf when we went away to play Real Mallorca.

re the Manchester United takeover

oil money, 'sportswashing' and human rights violations fine provided it benefits them.

"rather the Qataris get it tbh as they'll see it as some sort of competition against City's owners. more they chuck at chasing after them less likely the Saudi's will get near the league"

On Boro. Once the Legends stopped (used to be on at work regularly) any rivallry seemed to. Like has been said above, if they were in a different regional TV area and there had been no Century FM - they're Hull.

13 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

"rather the Qataris get it tbh as they'll see it as some sort of competition against City's owners. more they chuck at chasing after them less likely the Saudi's will get near the league"

And there it is, that's it. That's all it's ever been. Not one mackem gives even the tiniest fuck about 'hew-man rights'. The 'bombing women and kids', the 'chucking gays off buildings (which was ISIS in Syria, but meh, all the same, right marras?), anything about Yemen which they all miraculously discovered in October 2021. None of it matters.

Give Man Utd a shitload of oil cash so the mags don't win and job done. Hypocritical irrelevant arseholes.

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

These are going to sneak 6th aren't they. Luton will be tough. 

They MUST go to Preston and win , no gimme 

10 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Funny, I seem to remember quite a few gang fights amongst Newcastle supporters in the Leazes End in 19 o blonk when I were a lad. ?

Edited by Ken Boon

On 26/04/2023 at 22:49, Ketsbaia said:

The way that Millwall, Blackburn, Norwich, West Brom, Preston and Watford have all collapsed at the same time, conveniently gifting the mackems a play-off spot, is beyond freakish.

Every result you don't want to happen keeps happening, it's quite remarkable.

Did Blackburn start on +15 points or something? 

I swear I've not seen a win from them all season. Negative goal difference too.