sunderland in the EFL

Big River

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

B3BCA417-FBAD-46D6-913A-93B5BB5A85FD.thumb.png.3f073a1104f8700acc9f9dbe399631bb.pngTook just a couple of hours for the ‘in peyce’ brigade to start up.  

Every fucking time. They're a right odd bunch. Imagine being that sad you have to pretend to be rival fans to pat yourselves on the back. :lol:

8 hours ago, Dokko said:

They've no chance next season. This was it, it was now or (almost) never. Pretty much why it's hilarious Arsenal have blown the title, as they'll get nowhere near it for another decade.

Southampton could sell their best 11 players and still have a better 1st team than the mackems, and Southampton are dead last this season. 2 of Everton, Leeds and Leicester means teams like Watford, WBA, Norwich and Boro are going to struggle to compete...the mackems won't even be in consideration.

Yeah I think this was their chance, sneaking in late via the play-offs took all the pressure off them. I doubt they'll get into the top 6 next season without Diallo. Imagine if we win tomorrow as well, their world will have been turned upside down in the space of 48hrs.

42 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Every fucking time. They're a right odd bunch. Imagine being that sad you have to pretend to be rival fans to pat yourselves on the back. :lol:

The thing is though, to sign up to RTG you need to answer obscure questions about Sunderland that only a fan would know.

Do they honestly believe every supporter base both in this country, and occasionally elsewhere have an in-depth knowledge of Sunderland to sign up as a fan in peace?

The whole pretence falls at the 1st hurdle.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The thing is though, to sign up to RTG you need to answer obscure questions about Sunderland that only a fan would know.

Do they honestly believe every supporter base both in this country, and occasionally elsewhere have an in-depth knowledge of Sunderland to sign up as a fan in peace?

The whole pretence falls at the 1st hurdle.

Do you? I've just tried it now and didn't get any questions about the club.

8 hours ago, Klaus said:

I know a guy from Luton who openly described it as a shithole :lol:

He is a bit gammon mind, and white British is the minority there now, so that probably plays a part.

Me too oddly

Edited by sleazy

3 minutes ago, KDT said:

They'll get decent fees for their good young players so it'll be interesting to see how they get on trying to re-invest that given their model.

Whatever they raise will be divvied up by shareholders, be minimal investment in playing squad in my useless opinion 

9 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Whatever they raise will be divvied up by shareholders, be minimal investment in playing squad in my useless opinion 

I think there's some canny sell-on fees included for their previous clubs as well. Spurs paid a big fee to Leeds for Clarke, I doubt they'll then have sold him for pennies without any clauses.

They've had a very good season despite the loss last night but people are right that they are unlikely to have the quality of a Diallo again next season.

Their owners have a model of investing in young players playing good football which is completely different to Sunderland teams of the past. However you do wonder if it's sustainable and if expectations have risen too much too quickly as I can't see the fans being happy if they don't get playoffs again next season

10 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Trust me you don't want to go to Luton.  I used to live in Hemel Hempstead and went there once. as it was only about 13 miles away.  Never went back.

Haha i just live up A41 now from hemel hence Luton not being far to travel. Worked in luton couple of times so i know how much a dive it is.

Rather a little dive ground than a souless bowl near a retail park however.

In the short term, I suspect this was their chance.  I’d kind of resigned myself to them going up - they hit form at the right time and squeaked into the POs.  But next year I can’t see two of the relegated clubs not bouncing back - minimum.  Of course, other teams will strengthen - but two of Leeds / Everton / Leicester will be massive favourites to bounce back, and Soton might depending on their transfers.

Plenty of them will know it, too. 

14 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

The championship is going to have some "big" teams in it next year.  Imagine if Everton went down!  It will not be easy at all.  It never is.

All 3 teams that go down should take up 3 of the top 6 places tbh