sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I stayed over in Luton for a flight last month. I really don't like this tendancy to call UK towns/cities 'shitholes'. Most places I find are actually a lot better than the reputation that precedes them, indeed most of the depressed northern towns/cities that get that given that moniker actually have loads of civic grandeur but are just a bit run down. 

But Luton really is incredibly nondescript and grey. I was actually flying to Chisinau, in the poorest country in Europe, and considering how nice it was by comparison only hammered home how sad Luton was. 

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Looks like Mowbray on his way out... Thought he did a decent job 

Screenshot_20230516-225120.png

Never underestimate this clubs potential to blow it's own nuts off any chance it gets.

I know a guy from Luton who openly described it as a shithole :lol:

He is a bit gammon mind, and white British is the minority there now, so that probably plays a part.

25 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

My parents owned a paper shop there. 

Until it blew away

Think you've pisspronounciated your worms there marra. Tayke it bak

Edited by toon25

18 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Never underestimate this clubs potential to blow it's own nuts off any chance it gets.

He'll always look like your erld granpa you've had some sort of obligation to invite for Christmas dinner because none of the other family members can stand his flatulence problem

Edited by toon25

More than that these lot have lost, I'm proper happy we'll either get Boro or Coventry back in the Prem or a newcomer in Luton. Luton, Coventry and Boro in that order of preference. Going to love watching these cunts in the Championship again, mind. :lol:

Amusing.

Hesitate to say its another year in the wildnerness because they've spent more time outside the top division than in it in the last 70years so the top flight is the wilderness to them

Edited by Wolfcastle

Great to finally see something go well.... was convinced Luton would regret not scoring a third.

The thought of seeing them mentioned in the civilised world again, with those stripes and that bloody word. Grim. Thank fuck it's not happening :lol: 

Had a deeks of RTG and someone is whinging about how unfair it is that the relegated teams will be getting marrashewte payments. As if they didn’t fucking squander theirs. :lol: 

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Spanked by a team that's got a turnstile in someone's en suite 

2 hours ago, Jonas said:

For curiosity you've got to experience that ground.  Its ugly as sin but its unique and I miss those grounds.

Like MrRaspberryJam says - you all but go through someone's house and aover the back gardens to get to the away end.

The one time I was there which I never noticed on camera was they had terraces  above the seats in their end.

Would says its probably the worst place I've ever been but for that mind,

Just looked it up on Google Earth, and holy fucking fire hazard, that away end access. 

Really stuck in a rut now, the team of loans will be ripped apart, their better players will be picked off ( probably by promoted championship teams) and the rest are kids or a poor standard. The owners need to put some money up or these could fall again.

37 minutes ago, Ben said:

Really stuck in a rut now, the team of loans will be ripped apart, their better players will be picked off ( probably by promoted championship teams) and the rest are kids or a poor standard. The owners need to put some money up or these could fall again.

:fwap: