sunderland in the EFL

Big River

8 hours ago, GWN said:

Victory against Leicester and This Could be Rotterdam or anywhere, Liverpool or Rome, Geordies on the Continent, Mackems staying at Home!

Just need to change Liverpool for some other three syllable European place. 

Just now, Billy Warthog said:

So it’s… 

This could be Rotterdam or anywhere,

Monaco or Rome,

Geordies in the Champions League,

mackems staying hoooome… 

If its to be done properly we'd have to drop Monaco, Liverpool and Rome as its unlikely any of them will be in that competition should we make it.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

If its to be done properly we'd have to drop Monaco, Liverpool and Rome as its unlikely any of them will be in that competition should we make it.

Might have to wait until the list populates itself a bit more. Got as far as ‘Real Madrid or anywhere, Napoli or…?’

Let's wait till it's confirmed tho eh?

This could be Vilnius or anywhere

Plovdiv or Lille

Geordies in the Europa League

Mackems giving kids a feel

Doesn't have the same ring

37 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Aye….mind the racism and racial slurs that they use regularly is appalling.

Yeah, on a more serious note it’s quite bizarre to watch. Think it’s quite shocking that the admin’s response is to require a membership the view. 

«Go on with racism as long as you sign up, because… ehrm… it’s illegal. But hey, we can’t ban you because there’s be no one left on this forum». 

14 minutes ago, maze said:

Yeah, on a more serious note it’s quite bizarre to watch. Think it’s quite shocking that the admin’s response is to require a membership the view. 

«Go on with racism as long as you sign up, because… ehrm… it’s illegal. But hey, we can’t ban you because there’s be no one left on this forum». 

Agreed, the collusion that goes on with that Keith whatever the fuck his name is, is disgraceful in fact he’s a cheerleader.

that Jlaws is a disgrace to, I read a post by someone who suggested he works at one of the Uni’s in Liverpool 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seen a few comments on that board saying the rivalry is dead anyway because they will never get close to us again due to the Saudi money , what they seem to forget is the fact they only ever got close to us in the first place because of Ashley .

Edited by Geogaddi

7 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Seen a few comments on that board saying the rivalry is dead anyway because they will never get close to us again due to the Saudi money , what they seem to forget is the fact they only ever got close to us in the first place because of Ashley .

That and Short’s money.

21 minutes ago, maze said:

Thing is, we haven’t spent much money either. We are just really well managed from top to bottom. 

This is it. I mentioned our likely CL qualification to a mate earlier today. He doesn’t really follow English football, but his reaction was that we bloody well should considering the financial backing we have. Such a lazy argument, as I duly explained to him. I hope we continue to be so well run. I don’t want superstar

signings, I just want to see us continue to develop upwards steadily.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Yeah. Keegan killed it more than the PIF. Even the two times they were in the same league we were at complete opposite ends so it wasn't much of a rivalry.

We were three divisions apart with Ashley and Bruce ffs.

Seen someone say something about Exile jacking in. Wonder why and when that was. One of the recent thrashings, beating Man United so comprehensively, reaching the final or a knock on the door.

Edited by Wolfcastle

43 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

This is it. I mentioned our likely CL qualification to a mate earlier today. He doesn’t really follow English football, but his reaction was that we bloody well should considering the financial backing we have. Such a lazy argument, as I duly explained to him. I hope we continue to be so well run. I don’t want superstar

signings, I just want to see us continue to develop upwards steadily.

We will bring in superstars sooner or later, but for the time being what people seem to forget (or rather supress) is the enormous influence Mike Ashley had on everything. 

I welcome anyone with lazy comments to have their club under Mike Ashley's management for a decade. After that, I'll pay attention to what they have to say. They really don't have a clue.

Edited by maze

It’ll always be a rivalry if we play them everyone will be fucking up for it let’s not kid ourselves. Can’t stand the cunts with a passion and that will never change.

We might have been flying high under Keegan but one on my best memories that season was being under cover in the Roker End when we beat them 2-1.

Edited by Whitley mag

We have spent quarter of a billion, it's just not that much in modern footballing terms.

It's what the big boys spend. That's why they are jealous.

I'll be honest, the couple of mackems I know are actually alright. One wasn't convinced going up by the playoffs would be a good thing so soon, and that was before they lost. Its just that the scummiest section of their support is particularly scummy.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

We have spent quarter of a billion, it's just not that much in modern footballing terms.

It's what the big boys spend. That's why they are jealous.

I'll be honest, the couple of mackems I know are actually alright. One wasn't convinced going up by the playoffs would be a good thing so soon, and that was before they lost. Its just that the scummiest section of their support is particularly scummy.

The Mackems I know from work (30 yrs +) are great and non RTGers. We've always been completely ho est about our teams, often leading to debates over who's worst "nah it's us" type stuff. I check their fixtures regularly in order to swap them so they can go to games and they do likewise.

They are embarrassed by RTG.

Edited by madras

I'm honestly nicer to mackems than I would be a Chelsea fan or a man United fan.

Then general feeling around my way is that we would prefer all the north east sides in the PL. Which I agree with, so long as we are class.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

The Mackems I know from work (30 yrs +) are great and non RTGers. We've always been completely ho est about our teams, often leading to debates over who's worst "nah it's us" type stuff. I check their fixtures regularly in order to swap them so they can go to games and they do likewise.

They are embarrassed by RTG.

Yeah, similar - all decent folk. I've never actually raised the topic of RTG with them, but I do think there's such groupthink on there that you can't diverge from their ridiculous conspiracy theories or else you're labelled a "mag".

Awful site, and no surprise if any decent Sunluns with a brain want to give it a swerve.

I've never posted on there, not a member, but skim it most days. It started when they were plummeting out of the championship because I wanted to know why they were so bad, and you don't get much media coverage outside the PL, other than one sentence in a "championship round up" type report.

The main reason I go on now is for the daily TV thread. But it's amazing how many new topics are posted daily which are thinly veiled 'mag' topics, because it's seemingly all they really want to talk about on there, even though they're not allowed to.

Edited by Abacus

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Yeah, similar - all decent folk. I've never actually raised the topic of RTG with them, but I do think there's such groupthink on there that you can't diverge from their ridiculous conspiracy theories or else you're labelled a "mag".

Awful site, and no surprise if any decent Sunluns with a brain want to give it a swerve.

I've never posted on there, not a member, but skim it most days. It started when they were plummeting out of the championship because I wanted to know why they were so bad, and you don't get much media coverage outside the PL, other than one sentence in a "championship round up" type report.

The main reason I go on now is for the daily TV thread. But it's amazing how many new topics are posted daily which are thinly veiled 'mag' topics, because it's seemingly all they really want to talk about on there, even though they're not allowed.

I have posted on their years ago, not taking the piss, just correcting lies. Don't even look now that any mention of us is hidden.

Edit... There does seem to be an issue there with some Mackems getting pissed off with other Mackems re behaviour etc. 

Edited by madras