sunderland in the EFL

Big River

3 hours ago, STM said:

I'm honestly nicer to mackems than I would be a Chelsea fan or a man United fan.

Then general feeling around my way is that we would prefer all the north east sides in the PL. Which I agree with, so long as we are class.

I get the impression from previous posts that we live in a similar area, but while it's not hostile and far more amicable than deepest, darkest Pennywell, most of the people I know would prefer their respective team in the top league and the other(s) in the league below and being insignificant. 

43 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I would imagine their 'parsnip' thread will be on high faux outrage alert currently. Cowardly cunts

Someone said they were off to a CL celebration party

"I’m not surprised mags are having get togethers like that though, celebrating entry to a competition man (lol)"

So unlike every other set of fans they wouldn't have celebrated getting promoted, qualifiying for Europe or the champions league

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

"I’m not surprised mags are having get togethers like that though, celebrating entry to a competition man (lol)"

So unlike every other set of fans they wouldn't have celebrated getting promoted, qualifiying for Europe or the champions league

Yeh I'm with them. Why would anyone celebrate qualifying for the elite league of club football? Fools.

17 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

That old chestnut :bluestar:

Had a look in the parsnip section at our thread and as predicted by many, they've decided/invented that the mackem seagull shagger is actually a mag. Seen a few comments in that thread suggesting this. [emoji38]

Some of the more deranged mackems 

are now having a meltdown over the FA trophy final Gateshead team sheet included the words “wor club” so are now pretending they want Halifax to win yet I’ve seen posters claiming Gateshead is 80% MLF:bluestar:.

how the fuck would they of coped in 73 with Tueart & Guthrie screaming wor ball in the final.:sad:

3 hours ago, Viana said:

Curious what their owner does in the summer. The spine of the team needs work, with Diallo a huge loss. 

Pressure on them big time after making after the play offs this season, the fans will be quite impatient if they have a similar season to this one due to a rise in expectations.

The new owner hasn’t done anything to show that he’ll spend big money (for that level anyways) either 

12 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Pressure on them big time after making after the play offs this season, the fans will be quite impatient if they have a similar season to this one due to a rise in expectations.

The new owner hasn’t done anything to show that he’ll spend big money (for that level anyways) either 

Their new owner doesn't actually have any money....he has a few thousand based on the interest on the trust fund which his mother controls. Big Mike had more in wallpaper

10 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Their new owner doesn't actually have any money....he has a few thousand based on the interest on the trust fund which his mother controls. Big Mike had more in wallpaper

Think he got full control last December when he turned 25. 

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Think he got full control last December when he turned 25. 

He doesn't actually have any serious cash till his mother clocks it though.

Well I say serious cash ...I doubt any of us would refuse it, but it's not enough to run a club the size of Sunderland on a month to month basis

Just now, gjohnson said:

He doesn't actually have any serious cash till his mother clocks it though.

Well I say serious cash ...I doubt any of us would refuse it, but it's not enough to run a club the size of Sunderland on a month to month basis

Thought he got personal control of the full £2bn trust fund when he turned 25, and didn’t need mother anymore. Might be wrong though. Either way, even if he has the cash, there’s a world of difference with wanting to spend it, as well as being able to with wage restrictions etc. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Thought he got personal control of the full £2bn trust fund when he turned 25, and didn’t need mother anymore. Might be wrong though. Either way, even if he has the cash, there’s a world of difference with wanting to spend it, as well as being able to with wage restrictions etc. 

Think the exact situation is that he has gets the interest on it till mommy clocks it. Either way as we saw with Big Fat Mike....having money doesn't mean your going to spend it all on a football club 

25 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Think the exact situation is that he has gets the interest on it till mommy clocks it. Either way as we saw with Big Fat Mike....having money doesn't mean your going to spend it all on a football club 

I also think regardless of what he has access to his preferred strategy involves sustainability and rightly so.

That’s why I find this summer interesting. They don’t have a deep squad and it likely doesn’t make sense to sell the few players that could earn them money (Neil, Roberts, Patterson). 

If they’d come up this year it would have been transformational for them. A few hundred million to play with (even if relegated) could have built out the squad and helped establish a scouting network. 

I can’t see a similar finish next year unless he drops 20-25m.

Another Mod shrugs offer offensive language on RTG Iain the hidden on Parsnip thread about NUFC .”Lemon “ someone referred to a poster as being .

965F75E7-8F71-4A65-A868-20AF045BEC59.jpeg

Edited by GWN

He's an absolute bullshitter if he hasn't heard the word "lemon" to describe a gay woman.  It was pretty much the term of choice when I was at school.

Saw someone use the term "bum boys" there the other day.  But aye, feel free to sit on your pedestal and pontificate about how the Saudi Government treat homosexuals.

Edited by Sima