sunderland

Big River

Was going to post this in the PIF thread given their, characteristic, vault face then privacy thread but here's better.

You have to remember that their mental gymnastics aren't just because we've got wealthy owners, regardless of provenance/morality, and they haven't, anymore.

Yes, their nearest neighbours and "rivals" are racing up the outside lane in their Ferrari whilst they're stuck on the hard shoulder with two flatties and a blown gasket BUT in the middle lane, coasting past them as well are Brighton, Brentford, Palace, Bournemouth, Wolves, Southampton, Burnley AND even Ipswich. 

In the football pyramid where the 18th-24th listed are, usually, bouncing about those placings they're NOT

They've had wealthy owners and bled them dry. 

Tough place to be but to travel through that journey in relative calm you'd need an element of realism with some humility. Not lashings of hubris.

Clowns

21 minutes ago, NE27 said:

You mean it's not just the mags who are fat bastards eh, imagine my shock.

Laughing at the XXXL mackems thinking they are XL at most, taking the piss out of Mags in XXL's. :lol:

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

You mean it's not just the mags who are fat bastards eh, imagine my shock.

I love the realisation that people 12 miles away in one of the most deprived areas of the U.K. might actually not be so physically different (although verbally yes marra…)

42 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Class and culture difference in one question....totally obsessed and bitter as ever......always in our shadow since the 1950s

Imagine getting a chance to ask your new manager a question in person, then asking that. [emoji38]

Complete Neanderthals!

Though I can imagine a bunch of them huddled around excitedly educating him on their favourite topic I can Imagine that it took some explaining to a non-native English speaker.

That were their rivals geographically, 'Mags' coming from Magpies our nickname, the meaning of the English term "F*ck the" and mostly their paradoxial and frequent use of it in this regard.

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Though I can imagine a bunch of them huddled around excitedly educating him on their favourite topic I can Imagine that it took some explaining to a non-native English speaker.

That were their rivals geographically, 'Mags' coming from Magpies our nickname, the meaning of the English term "F*ck the" and mostly their marradoxial and frequent use of it in this regard.

Fixed.

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

That were their rivals geographically, 'Mags' coming from Magpies our nickname, the meaning of the English term "F*ck the" and mostly their paradoxial and frequent use of it in this regard.

"it meyns a very rewd word then The Mags which is what we call them down the road"

(new manager nods and smiles politely, mackems hoot with laughter) 

"who are our local rivals.. although we never play them because they're in a different leyg to us"

(new manager chuckles good-naturedly without the first idea what's going on, mackems grinning like imbeciles)