sunderland

Big River

39 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Again I'll ask the question. They had 10 successive seasons in the PL and what investment into their area did that bring them? What benefits did they see as a city from it?

It definitely gives the NE more exposure, as a region we get fuck all compared to the rest of the country 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I meant investment in the area, exposure is very important and having more than one team in the EPL is good for the North East as a whole. Personally I love debys and I'd much rather have those than the likes of Bournemouth or Wigan with less than 10,000 fans attending

Wise up they fucking hate us and revelled when we got relegated, why any self respecting Mag would want anything good to happen to this lot beggars belief absolute backward cunts.

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

It definitely gives the NE more exposure, as a region we get fuck all compared to the rest of the country 

We'll have to agree to disagree here. They had 10 successive years in the PL not so long ago and I'm still waiting for you to tell me about all the economic advantages and extra exposure they got from being there for an entire decade, other than a poster they put up at the Airport.

On 26/07/2024 at 09:30, Wallsendmag said:

Mocked us and then copied us. Genuinely the thickest fanbase on the planet.

They “copied us” by forming a queue - sorry but that’s grasping.

Arguably it is better for the region if they stay down as they would have more away days and away fans coming to the region. The rest depends on how many home fans they get through the door, and I’m not convinced it would be significantly more than what they get now.

53 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I'd rather they stayed in the Championship although don't mind them doing the odd one season tour in the PL so we can give them an occasional walloping.

This is it for me. It’s the perfect blend. After each promotion they delude themselves into thinking they’re on par with us, we batter them home and away and get to enjoy their relegation. All of their delusions on full display, easy 6 points for us and they never get any sustained joy, just hopes raised and dashed over and over again. It’d be torture for them.