sunderland in the EFL

Big River

16 hours ago, HTT II said:

Apparently we took owa the away end today…

Must have been a mirage, bit like the 33,000 crowd they had even though there were big gaps all over the place

Edited by et tu brute

46 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Must have been a mirage, bit like the 33,000 crowd they had even though their was big gaps all over the place

They are massively exaggerating their crowds. They only have an operating capacity of 36k for home supporters with the upstairs being closed down and it rarely appears much more than half full yet they still claim 30k+ every week. I suppose it's all they've got really so I can understand why they do it like.

Edited by Wallsendmag

14 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

They are massively exaggerating their crowds. They only have an operating capacity of 36k for home supporters with the upstairs being closed down and it rarely appears much more than half full yet they still claim 30k+ every week. I suppose it's all they've got really so I can understand why they do it like.

Even 20,000 crowds are good support in that league, what makes me laugh is they actually believe they're getting these crowds, even though they're getting nowhere near that attendance. One look at any of their highlights (apart from Defoe's debut) makes that glaringly obvious

Edited by et tu brute

They're getting good numbers of fans through the door which deserves some credit but it ultimately comes down to how much they're all paying to get in. An attendance of 40000 means little (other than to massage a few egos in the stands) if the average ticket price works out at something daft like £11.59 on average or whatever. It's revenue generated, not bodies through the turnstiles that pays the bills in the lower leagues. 

Just now, midds said:

They're getting good numbers of fans through the door which deserves some credit but it ultimately comes down to how much they're all paying to get in. An attendance of 40000 means little (other than to massage a few egos in the stands) if the average ticket price works out at something daft like £11.59 on average or whatever. It's revenue generated, not bodies through the turnstiles that pays the bills in the lower leagues. 

Their revenue accounts in the Premier League, made it obvious they were giving tickets away. Looks like their doing the same, as they are announcing attendances of 30,000 plus, but as I mentioned before, it's blatantly obvious from the highlights that's not the case.

Tbf to them, on total sport the other night they were saying they’ve already sold 18,000 season tickets for next season. If so, that’s fantastic support for League 1. Don’t get why they exaggerate attendances though 

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Tbf to them, on total sport the other night they were saying they’ve already sold 18,000 season tickets for next season. If so, that’s fantastic support for League 1. Don’t get why they exaggerate attendances though 

I agree, crowds are very good for that level, it's just stupid 1. exaggerating the crowds 2. actually believing those exaggerated crowds

Edited by et tu brute

39 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Even 20,000 crowds are good support in that league, what makes me laugh is they actually believe they're getting though crowds even though they're getting nowhere near that attendance. One look at any of their highlights (apart from Defoe's debut) makes that glaringly obvious

The stand opposite the camera and to the left are rarely more than half full and the upper tier is closed apart from a few hundred away fans. They seem to be adding around 10k to the actual number.

21 minutes ago, midds said:

Apparently they've sold 20k season tickets for next season but over 7k of them are Under 16s tickets which cost 40 quid.

52 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

They’ve got their knickers in a twist with the Shrewsbury fans😀

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/shrewsbury-board.1576295/

"We should be beating the likes of Sunderland."

:iamatwat:

"Bitter about us, and bitter about being forever in NEWCASTLES shadow--- see you next season mackems"

:2funny:

Edited by Dancing Brave