Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

Guest neesy111
Just now, The Prophet said:

Weren't Brighton in the top half when we best them? I appreciate their form has fallen off a cliff in that time.

11th iirc.

Guest neesy111
Just now, joeyt said:

Southampton?

Sky said we haven't beaten a top 10 side this season.  Not sure if that's current top or not.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Sky said we haven't beaten a top 10 side this season.  Not sure if that's current top or not.

Southampton were 9th when we played them so must be current top

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Credit to our lads but how awful were Wolves, the amount of times they misplaced passes to us in their own half. Glad we caught them with their pants after a few injuries to key players 

Yep, missing quite a few key players but still surprised how poor they are.

Jorge Mendes laughing all the way to the bank after they spent 40million euros on Fabio Silva

I can see why Wolves do well away from home - they really stink the place up - but I can't see a drastic improvement over the Nuno Espirito Santo era. It's still a back three, it's still about creating space through the width of the wingbacks, but both of them are so painfully functional they offer nothing. 

In many ways, that's the most impressive home win of the season for me. The other few have come against teams that weren't in great form or wanted to give us space by being expansive. This lot were the opposite on both counts and we found a way to win. Hoping we can have some real parties in the games that are left at SJP.

Great win against generally a good side.

Feel like the team hadn’t got the disappointment of Chelsea and Everton out the system before Spurs which led to the pummelling.

Bruno looked great, he’ll get so many decisions when we’re one of the leagues darlings.

That was a cracking night with the little lad. He was teetering and talking about leaving up until we started attacking the gallowgate from about 55 onwards then he stood behind the goal and watched the pen go in and was totally in to it for the rest of the game.

I have a favour to ask, if anyone has a spare programme or one they don’t want please send me a PM? I didn’t get a chance to get him one tonight and I want it to go with his ticket.