Newcastle United 2 - 1 Leicester City (17/04/2022)

Disco

Just now, Tiresias said:

Rodgers is king of the 'we were outstanding' after his team gets hammered

They didn't get hammered but what a goal. Still having some pints to celebrate, but it's early evening here.

5 minutes ago, McDog said:

They didn't get hammered but what a goal. Still having some pints to celebrate, but it's early evening here.

I just mean in general not this game, he says it often when he loses. I am not being super critical, it is perfectly legitimate if he thinks his team responds better to that praise but it is quite funny at times

Edited by Tiresias

They had a good start to the 2nd half but didn’t really create much, they had a couple of half chances in the 2nd half, that is all. We didn’t do much in the 2nd half until the last moment, but it was very much a bone eventful 2nd half of football really.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

I just mean in general not this game, he says it often when he loses. I am not being super critical, it is perfectly legitimate if he thinks his team responds better to that praise but it is quite funny at times

Spot on.  We were pretty average today so an OUTSTANDING team would have put us to the sword.  Your team weren't outstanding Brendan, you were outdone by a better coach/manager.