Newcastle United 2 - 1 Leicester City (17/04/2022)

Disco

A nice match , Leicester very much like Wolves all wind and no fart .

Bruno was magic , ASM tragic, Targett tremendous.

Probably deserved it as we were a threat , they played better football in a modern way but I preferred the way we attacked tbh .

And that fucking winner , all hail Brunooooooooo :pedro:

28 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Or wait till the prompt to log in comes up, turn phone into landscape refresh and scroll to your hearts content, it works for me 👍🏻

That's difficult on my PC like :lol:

11 minutes ago, McDog said:

That header was a fucking bullet. Can't stop watching it.

It was a great goal, I don't care about the deflection. Good bit of defending by Targett, then saw his chance to suddenly turn his man and set off an attack. Great pass and an even better first touch by Joe, who beats his man with an unexpected change of pace. Feeds the ball into the area at the right moment and Bruno - a brilliant reader of the game - is in the right place at the right time. Tbh, a park footballer could have got the final header, but everything that went into the creation of that chance was top drawer.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I always thought it was due to the matches being broadcast in more conservative middle eastern countries and the showing of flesh was deemed to be offensive. 

Sure it was a measure to combat the (then) increasingly prevalent political statements that players in the mid/late 90's were making when taking their shirts off to celebrate goals. Very draconian but sledgehammer to crack a nut stuff iirc. 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Sure it was a measure to combat the (then) increasingly prevalent political statements that players in the mid/late 90's were making when taking their shirts off to celebrate goals. Very draconian but sledgehammer to crack a nut stuff iirc. 

I'm sure it was the sponsors complaining that when a player scores, it is the best time for them to advertise.

Edited by Klaus

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I'm sure it was the sponsors complaining that when a player scores, it is the best time for them to advertise.

:thup:

Could be a combination of both? Not sure. 

I do know UEFA got their knickers in a twist about the politics stuff players were getting involved with and wanted a way to crush it asap and the automatic booking was what they came up with. Sure the sponsors were delighted too :lol:

1 minute ago, Robster said:

If those photo's are yours @Yorkie, you had a fantastic view of the goal :thup:

I would've done had everyone in front of me not leapt to their feet when Joelinton got brought down en route. :lol: 

Being facetious really... I'm sure I saw it but it was absolutely one of those 'everything was a blur' moments.