Norwich City 0-3 Newcastle United (23/04/22)

Disco

I didn't see when it happened but putting Maxi down the middle actually made all the difference. 

First goal was delightful other than the stroke of fortune with it rolling to Joe. Build up was beaut and the finish was sexy as fuck. Get in.

If Joe adds goals to his game then we've got a fucking diamond on our hands, like. 

Guest HTT II

After a sluggish start we’ve bossed the game and played it perfectly IMO, several frustrating performances from a number of our lot, but tactically we’ve been very good. And how bad are Norwich fans, a relegation fight and they just sit there glum as fuck with zero emotion or passion, good riddance to these, I hope they stay down for a long time. 

Just now, Lenny said:

Pretty poor game, but I'm still enjoying watching with minimal pressure or concern.

Bruno likes to play the pass noticeably quicker than almost everyone else in the team; he's too quick of mind for some of our players.

ASM is just off form, not for lack of effort and he seems to be trying to mix his play up but very little is coming off for him.

There's times when ASM isn't running at his full back, which is very unlike him.

Few people getting a bit irate at me slating ASM, but the criticism is justified?  He's been poor and in patches a liability.  I'm genuine when I say I think having Gayle on for him would improve us.

Joelinton was terrible at striker for the first 20 minutes.  Kept dropping too deep.  Since he's gone wide, he's offered a lot more.

ASM is wandering all over the place from striker and that leaves no presence against the Norwich back 2.  Gayle would offer that presence and just do his job more functionally.

1 minute ago, Dr. TC said:

Have you been watching a totally different game? He looks shot man. He can't pass the ball more than five yards.

If he did play that pass to Murphy then it's his only high point - I thought it was Bruno.

Yeah, he hasn't played well in general, but neither has Willock. At least Longstaff has created something.

Just now, Yorkie said:

I didn't see when it happened but putting Maxi down the middle actually made all the difference. 

First goal was delightful other than the stroke of fortune with it rolling to Joe. Build up was beaut and the finish was sexy as fuck. Get in.

If Joe adds goals to his game then we've got a fucking diamond on our hands, like. 

Great having a manager who sees something not working and makes an in game change using the players already on the pitch to address it. 

I reckon we see Joelinton play from wide next season IF Howe can get a combative midfielder in.  Joelinton does the physical stuff in midfield brilliantly, but his passing is really suspect.  I think he will serve us best playing from wide where he will have less ball retention work to do, can help defensively and can use his physicality on the counter and arriving late in the box.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Few people getting a bit irate at me slating ASM, but the criticism is justified?  He's been poor and in patches a liability.  I'm genuine when I say I think having Gayle on for him would improve us.

Joelinton was terrible at striker for the first 20 minutes.  Kept dropping too deep.  Since he's gone wide, he's offered a lot more.

ASM is wandering all over the place from striker and that leaves no presence against the Norwich back 2.  Gayle would offer that presence and just do his job more functionally.

Having a bad day?

Guest HTT II

As shit as most are out there today, they don’t half put in a shift and that’s amazing knowing most don’t have a future here. 

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

I agree with the ASM stuff to an extent. Very patchy.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

He literally got an assist for the first and then helped set up the second by dropping deep (“wandering all over the place” lol) and spinning his man. Dwight Gayle or Chris Wood would fall over trying to do that.

Edited by Smal

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Mad how conditioned everyone is to forensically go through stuff so they can label someone as worse than shite or even better as not trying when it’s pure hyperbole. 

Well Krafth is actually pretty decent these days, Lascelles hasn't cost us a shed load of goals that many were predicting so I guess it has to be "Longstaff is absolute shite".

Just now, Smal said:

He literally got an assist for the first and then helped set up the second by dropping deep (“wandering all over the place” lol) and spinning his man. Dwight Gayle or Chris would fall over trying to do that.

That assist was pure luck :lol: was a bad pass that deflected to Joelinton.