Norwich City 0-3 Newcastle United (23/04/22)

Disco

Second goal occurred exactly because of this, ASM offers a lot up the middle just from pulling apart defences.

Yep i also want to see what ASM will do up top, he can't do worse than Wood and might actually give us some form of outlet. If he comes deep to pick up the ball, it'll allow Murphy, Willock and Joelinton to run ahead. The issue ASM has is that he's usually leading the line while ball carrying (Wood goes invisible), and has nothing to aim at. I've seen him oftentimes that towards the end of the run as he's approaching a dead-end he's got his hands out, palms up, asking what his options are.

If we had runners off the ball ahead of him, it'd pull the opposing defence apart. They have to double up on him in the middle and that creates huge spaces in the channels for our midfielders and wide players to run into.

Edited by HawK

22 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

He's got no future here so I can understand looking at others and trying other things that might be - but seems at the expense of giving ourselves the best chance to win the game

Howe right not to play him, I’ve always said play joelington up front more often  😏