Newcastle United 0-1 Liverpool (30/04/2022)

Disco

5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Honestly don't know what people are seeing In that to say it should be a red card am I missing somthing ?

He’s missed the ball and came down on Dubravka’s knee. It was an honest attempt to go for the ball but 90% of fouls are. If he goes like that on Bruno for example in midfield it’s a straight red no arguments.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’s missed the ball and came down on Dubravka’s knee. It was an honest attempt to go for the ball but 90% of fouls are. If he goes like that on Bruno for example in midfield it’s a straight red no arguments.

His eyes are on the ball and he goes in for it, I'd be furious if one of our players pulled out of that challenge for a goal scoring opportunity. No bad intent what so ever.

Aye his eyes are on the ball, he goes for it…he also misses it and makes a high foul. Red card.

Remember Bissouma up here last season making an honest attempt to kick the ball, but he didn’t see our player coming in to head it. Red card.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't get what you're not seeing? Do you think the red card on Matt Targett away to Brentford was a red?

He has every right to go for the ball intent has to be taken into acount surely. Just not looking at that seeing a red card at all. Can't remember the Brentford one tbh.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

He has every right to go for the ball intent has to be taken into acount surely. Just not looking at that seeing a red card at all. Can't remember the Brentford one tbh.

You always have a "right" to go for the ball. You can't miss it and plant your studs on an opponents knees though. 

7 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

He has every right to go for the ball intent has to be taken into amount surely. Just not looking at that seeing a red card at all. Can't remember the Brentford one tbh.

Similar circumstances. No intent to harm, genuine attempt to go for/shield the ball, had every right to go for it, but endangers Targett and goes studs down on Targett's ankle. Mane's is the same for me except that he goes studs down on Dubravka's thigh/knee

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

You always have a "right" to go for the ball. You can't miss it and plant your studs on an opponents knees though. 

The ball is still in open play not under another players control is what i was getting at. Hes pulling out and its more of a coming together afterwards? Did it get a VAR check ? 

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Similar circumstances. No intent to harm, genuine attempt to go for/shield the ball, had every right to go for it, but endangers Targett and goes studs down on Targett's ankle. Mane's is the same for me except that he goes studs down on Dubravka's thigh/knee

Was it checked on VAR? Not that would support or go against either us with quality of VAR haha just curious.

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Was it checked on VAR? Not that would support or go against either us with quality of VAR haha just curious.

It wasn't, the ref gave a yellow. Just bare in mind that the ref who wasn't going to give the red against Brentford until VAR told him to, was on VAR duty himself in our match yesterday :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

50 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Honestly don't know what people are seeing In that to say it should be a red card am I missing somthing ?

Yes. Mane leaves his foot in long enough for it to contact Dubravka on both thigh and then calf, after the initial fair challenge for the ball. 

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It wasn't, the ref gave a yellow. Just bare in mind that the ref who wasn't going to give the red against Brentford until VAR told him to, was on VAR duty himself in our match yesterday :lol:

It's wild. Like you can have the most sophisticated equipment available and it won't mean a thing if you hand it to fucking mentalists.

Like if we had the Three Stooges on the Apollo mission.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:
22 hours ago, Peppe said:

Have I missed something? 

This photo of Milner on the bench yesterday seems suspicious...

FplUpgZ.jpg

:lol:

Looks more like he's on the toilet to be fair ?

12 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Yes. Mane leaves his foot in long enough for it to contact Dubravka on both thigh and then calf, after the initial fair challenge for the ball. 

Aye that's why he was booked which is fair.

Did some dafty have a Saudi flag behind one of the goals? We really don’t need to make ourselves easy targets. It’s bad enough reading lazy comments about buying our way out of trouble but in the next breath being told we’re an awful side with fans from both Liverpool and City convinced we’ll not try against the other.

I really hope we smash the upcoming transfer window and give everyone something to think about.

Must say the entitlement of Liverpool fans can be quite staggering. Most ignore or don’t remember the money club they became in the 70’s and the casual way they collected the best players from other clubs. The Kop openly sang for Beardsley and the media were forever courting players on their behalf.

Overall, not much else to say - beaten by one of the best teams in football. 

What I’m frustrated over are the little things like the near dozen offsides, the lack of communication when we’re pressing on with a counter and the misplaced passes or panic when under the press. 

Thankfully, in Howe we’ve got a manager who’s likely already analyzed the match, identified what needs to improve and is already working with his team on the way forward. 

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Did some dafty have a Saudi flag behind one of the goals? We really don’t need to make ourselves easy targets.

Maybe it would help if we stopped highlighting every isolated flag or tea towel spotted at the ground then.

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Did some dafty have a Saudi flag behind one of the goals? We really don’t need to make ourselves easy targets.

I didn't see one. Thankfully the number of Saudi flags at games has been vastly overtaken by Brazilian ones.