Newcastle United Women 4-0 Alnwick Town (01/05/2022)

Decky

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Is that a record attendance for their division?

I would say it's probably nearly 20,000 higher for that league. Don't think the top league gets anywhere near those attendances either apart from maybe cup finals, champions league games and maybe the odd other game.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I would say it's probably nearly 20,000 higher for that league. Don't think the top league gets anywhere near those attendances either apart from maybe cup finals, champions league games and maybe the odd other game.

It's really well done by the club and should hopefully give the women's side a shot in the arm that it's needed for the last 10 years or so. :thup:

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

They seem to be playing/doing better than I’ve ever heard or again is it that we’re actually promoting them now?

Dunno how they've performed historically but they're second in their division behind 'Liverpool Feds'. Only one goes up. 

Guest HTT II

Well done our lasses and the fans, fucking amazing. I know two of the lasses in the team, expect major investment coming their way from the new owners….

Guest HTT II

The owners want them to have their own academy, training facility and a stadium of their own that much I know! The owners have met with them a few times and promised x amount of millions towards development. They also plan a tour abroad next season!

Could they be moving into our current training ground if we move to a new location in the next few years?

I would assume they buy a plot of land large enough to encompass the whole club but who knows. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Jack27 said:

Could they be moving into our current training ground if we move to a new location in the next few years?

I would assume they buy a plot of land large enough to encompass the whole club but who knows. 

From what I’ve heard they want the two ‘clubs’ separate, they want the women’s team to be their own legitimate success and with their own facilities, ground, academy, coaching structure and ‘brand’, but under the NUFC ‘brand’ umbrella of course!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

From what I’ve heard they want the two ‘clubs’ separate, they want the women’s team to be their own legitimate success and with their own facilities, ground, academy, coaching structure and ‘brand’, but under the NUFC ‘brand’ umbrella of course!

I would hope they would go the same way as Man City, train in the same place, but have their own stadium that they share with the academy 

Edited by iklgizmo

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

I would hope they would go the same way as Man City, train in the same place, but have their own stadium that they share with the academy 

I think they want to separate the two as ‘brands’, but still under the NUFC ‘brand’ if that makes sense, just from what I’ve heard. I know they’ve been in talks with various local grassroots clubs about linking up, as have the male part to the club to be fair, either way there is an exciting future for the women’s team going forward. They want to be the best women’s club team in the world, as much as they want us to be that as Newcastle United.

My mate is very involved in running Alnwick Town, he was telling me about this last week but I expected a couple of hundred behind each goal. Looks like it was bloody brilliant :thup: