Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

7 minutes ago, tyne down south said:

Hopefully previous season ticket purchases has to come into play + fingers crossed we get our loyalty points back = we should not be punished for doing the right thing and trying to force him out.

Best of luck but as discussed in here before, I think you’ll probably be disappointed.

13 minutes ago, tyne down south said:

Hopefully previous season ticket purchases has to come into play + fingers crossed we get our loyalty points back = we should not be punished for doing the right thing and trying to force him out.

don’t think there’s a chance, personally. It’ll be almost impossible to implement it fairly.

We're never going to get former STs taken into account.

Best that can be hoped for is no additional tickets allowed for current ST holders and members first.

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, tyne down south said:

Sorry this shouldn't be taken into account.

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Sima said:

We're never going to get former STs taken into account.

Best that can be hoped for is no additional tickets allowed for current ST holders and members first.

Aye, the ST holders being able to buy additional tickets is a bit of a pisstake imo.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

People gave up season tickets for all sorts of reasons, you can't just give prior ST holders priority on the theory that they packed in the force Ashley out.

This is a fair point. It’s harsh on those that genuinely gave up in some form of protest, but equally there were plenty who just gave up because it was all a bit shit. And sadly there’s no way of differentiating between the two.

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

This is a fair point. It’s harsh on those that genuinely gave up in some form of protest, but equally there were plenty who just gave up because it was all a bit shit. And sadly there’s no way of differentiating between the two.

I would also suggest it's a very thin line.

Guest neesy111
22 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

People gave up season tickets for all sorts of reasons, you can't just give prior ST holders priority on the theory that they packed in the force Ashley out.

This.

Don't expect my ticket (or points back, however nice that would be) but I will fly the flag forever that 1) Loyalty points should be permanent & 2) the system is reviewed. Because of demand going forward, the Loyalty points need reviewed because it will become a closed shop. I've got a ticket for Burnley for example, whilst the person who got me it has been to 1 away game in 4 years, just constantly uses his points to get others tickets. Therefore he gains a point, whereas others spend the money/effort etc. I've done this myself in the past, so understand it's slightly hypocritical.

There should either be a ballot in place for a % of the away tickets for people with less than the required points it starts at, or people are given the opportunity to build up points by cup games, renewals and even things like purchases at the club shop. That way, in 3/5/10 years, it will be more of a level playing field and kids who start out now will get the chance to experience away games like many of us did as teens.

13 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Don't expect my ticket (or points back, however nice that would be) but I will fly the flag forever that 1) Loyalty points should be permanent & 2) the system is reviewed. Because of demand going forward, the Loyalty points need reviewed because it will become a closed shop. I've got a ticket for Burnley for example, whilst the person who got me it has been to 1 away game in 4 years, just constantly uses his points to get others tickets. Therefore he gains a point, whereas others spend the money/effort etc. I've done this myself in the past, so understand it's slightly hypocritical.

There should either be a ballot in place for a % of the away tickets for people with less than the required points it starts at, or people are given the opportunity to build up points by cup games, renewals and even things like purchases at the club shop. That way, in 3/5/10 years, it will be more of a level playing field and kids who start out now will get the chance to experience away games like many of us did as teens.

I think that’s fair. In the past the argument has been (with some justification), do the unfashionable games and in time you’ll get your reward. We’ll see how things progress going forward, but if we reach a point where you haven’t even got a hope of doing those games (and I’m especially thinking of youngsters just starting out), then something will need to change.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

I think that’s fair. In the past the argument has been (with some justification), do the unfashionable games and in time you’ll get your reward. We’ll see how things progress going forward, but if we reach a point where you haven’t even got a hope of doing those games (and I’m especially thinking of youngsters just starting out), then something will need to change.

Basically agree with this, and the point regarding unfashionable games. However, and this is just an opinion of course, I think the unfashionable games going forward will probably be like midweek games in the South which is probably impossible for any youngns to get to. But hypothetical of course, like you say let's see what happens.

30 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I wouldn't worry too much about teens attending away games when they'll struggle to attend home games. 

31 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I wouldn't worry too much about teens attending away games when they'll struggle to attend home games. 

It's something that needs looked at, we need to protect future generations and the opportunities they get to go to the match. I say this as a father mind, so I do have motive, but the demand for tickets is going to far exceed anything I could have possibly imagined really.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It's something that needs looked at, we need to protect future generations and the opportunities they get to go to the match. I say this as a father mind, so I do have motive, but the demand for tickets is going to far exceed anything I could have possibly imagined really.

Maybe they'll start to show matches at the cinema again:) I totally agree about future generations, I say that as a "victim" of the Keegan years who couldn't attend matches. Horrible experience, that's why if the club has to move to substantially increase capacity then so be it. 

What was it the other weekend? 75-ish thousand attended matches for the men and women's teams. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2022 at 08:40, Keegans Export said:

No but you can still fairly give them priority? It’s not as if the people who replaced them are getting their STs removed. Any sensible business would look to do something similar to get old customers/fans to return.

Otherwise you are basically saying past ST holders are not more important as people who’ve never bothered to have a ST at any point and don’t hold one now ?

They could probably offer them all back to those who quit (8-10k) and still have some left over for general sale for those showing interest for the first time since the takeover etc.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

No but you can still fairly give them priority? It’s not as if the people who replaced them are getting their STs removed. Any sensible business would look to do something similar to get old customers/fans to return.

Otherwise you are basically saying past ST holders are not more important as people who’ve never bothered to have a ST at any point and don’t hold one now ?

They could probably offer them all back to those who quit (8-10k) and still have some left over for general sale for those showing interest for the first time since the takeover etc.

How far back do they feasibly go with that though?

I gave mine up 8 years ago I think.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Right, but there are a few issues here.

How far back do you go? Last season? Five seasons ago? Ten?

A lot of people haven't had a ST for reasons other than "never bothered" and that's a lazy generalisation to attempt to back up your point.

You're guessing that they could offer them all back and still have some left for general sale. What if there isn't any left over for general sale? 

I'm saying this as a prior ST holder, no bias. 

Edited by Keegans Export

How far you go back is up to the club to decide as they have all the figures and dates but it can be narrowed down fairly easily or they could put it to a vote via NUST.

Without too much research and being someone who has boycotted 99% home games for 14 years approx whilst still having a season ticket I’d say the significant ST drop out was when Rafa wasn’t kept on and ties in with when new owners showed an interest in the club. IIRC it was around 8-10K. Almost 20% which was massive and probably the final straw also indicated to MA it was time to go hence engaging in the protracted sale finally when COVID began.

No perfect solution but that’s about as close as you are going to get. There will be a few who’ve left then who have realised that watching in the pub or at home suites them better. Gauge interest from the summer of end of Rafa to start of Bruce period and then take it from then.

The important thing is the tickets go to genuine NUFC fans. The less scalping and bots the better.

There's loads of reasons why people gave up ST's and also plenty reasons why people chose not to buy their first ST under Ashley's regime.

It's just not practical or fair to try and give former ST holders 1st dibs. And I say that as a former ST holder who gave up cos of Ashley.

Put some ST's on general sale this summer but also ensure we still have plenty tickets available on a game by game basis. Therefore those that miss out on ST's aren't completely missing out on being able to go to matches.

And if every game sells out does up front revenue from ST's even matter. It's not as if we're short of cash.

Edited by bobbydazzla

It’s just bad luck isn’t it? Nobody knew when the takeover was going to happen. Some people even kept their season tickets but stopped going, insuring themselves against the situation we’re in now. They got lucky, the people who decided not to buy a ticket because they hated Ashley got unlucky. 

It’s a really difficult situation because loads of people will be disappointed however you do it. 

FWIW I would be massively annoyed if NUST and NUFC cut a deal to favour a particular group of supporters over any other. 

On a personal level, I could have bought a season ticket under Ashley but I didn’t. I consider that just as much of a protest as giving one up. Or at least almost as much. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo