Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They knocked new memberships on the head in February so that's a tad unfair. In addition (I'll just tell you my situation), I've been to every game post takeover this season bar Spurs, Norwich, Everton and Wolves and I've been buying my old ST seat which I had, next to me dad, from 2016-2019. I've been getting singles through my dad's account as he's a ST holder which also comes with first dibs on tickets. This is to save a tad more money, I'm a student so am a penny pinching cunt by nature and I've had to pay for train travel back to town from Derby every other week on top of the cost of the ticket and beer/food money. Doing it membership only rules me out as I was using my dad's so that is completely unfair from my POV.

General sale/first come first serve gets rid of all of these asterisks, favourability and prioritisation.

Aye, but comes with multiple other problems, many of which will be an absolute bastard for genuine fans to contend with for years to come. It can't just be opened up, it'll be the hottest ticket in town for touts.

In your specific case, I'm sure they'd be able to identify ST holders who were buying extras for friends/family and include them in any prioritisation that was given to members. But as I said, I doubt it'll even be an issue!

Just checked my online history, btw, and it only goes back to 2018, despite me having had a ST and bought countless singles for Europeans, etc. since 2002 when I was 16. Are we sure it's got everything there for old fuckers like myself?

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Aye, but comes with multiple other problems, many of which will be an absolute bastard for genuine fans to contend with for years to come. It can't just be opened up, it'll be the hottest ticket in town for touts.

In your specific case, I'm sure they'd be able to identify ST holders who were buying extras for friends/family and include them in any prioritisation that was given to members. But as I said, I doubt it'll even be an issue!

Just checked my online history, btw, and it only goes back to 2018, despite me having had a ST and bought countless singles for Europeans, etc. since 2002 when I was 16. Are we sure it's got everything there for old fuckers like myself?

Touts is my only worry with general sale tbf. Only way they could police that is if those touting STs are reported by fans and that ticket/account is rendered invalid and that seat goes to game by game sale as well as banning the tout.

That would work but they'd have to delve into every ST holder and member and find prioritisation that way, be a very complex and drawn out basis. Would work for me, like. :lol:

Match going, Ashley enabling scum.

:p

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Touts is my only worry with general sale tbf. Only way they could police that is if those touting STs are reported by fans and that ticket/account is rendered invalid and that seat goes to game by game sale as well as banning the tout.

That would work but they'd have to delve into every ST holder and member and find prioritisation that way, be a very complex and drawn out basis. Would work for me, like. :lol:

Match going, Ashley enabling scum.

:p

:lol: Should have added "on-and-off", I was only Ashley-enabling scum for his first season and then a year after coming home. Jacked in at the start of his final season, when the writing was clearly on the wall.

Just now, TheGuv said:

I didn’t get a membership as I knew it had zero impact on 2022-23 season ticket sales. 

And nor should it. Fairest way is a free for all. It won't suit my particular circumstances, but it is the fairest way to do it. But God only knows how the website will cope.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

They changed the system in 2018. Was fuming as I lost all my history as well.

They’ll never get it back either :(

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

:lol: Should have added "on-and-off", I was only Ashley-enabling scum for his first season and then a year after coming home. Jacked in at the start of his final season, when the writing was clearly on the wall.

This leads to a genuine- albeit slightly ungenerous- question. Would those who got rid of their season ticket to do their bit to remove Ashley be clamouring so much if his replacement had been the new Burnley owners, or even Southampton’s? Quite possibly in lots of cases, but I think that many, just as I was, were just bored and worn out. 

5 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

This leads to a genuine- albeit slightly ungenerous- question. Would those who got rid of their season ticket to do their bit to remove Ashley be clamouring so much if his replacement had been the new Burnley owners, or even Southampton’s? Quite possibly in lots of cases, but I think that many, just as I was, were just bored and worn out. 

People chucked it for various reasons, hence why the 'give the STs to those who walked away back' isn't a valid route. People chucked out of sheer protest of Ashley, Benitez leaving, Keegan leaving, Hughton getting sacked, after 2013-14 and some were just bored of it all. I chucked mine for a multitude of reasons; the club put the prices up and I longer could qualify as a 'junior' for my seat ( :lol: ) because I turned 18 midway through 2018-19. So my ticket went from being around £100-£200 to £811. I moved to uni as well in September 2019 so logistically and cost-wise keeping my ST just didn't make sense. On top of that, Benitez left, there was no takeover and Bruce took over so there was extra incentive to chuck it.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Definitely. I have had similar conversations with clients over the past 6/7 months. I think the scenes outside SJP on takeover night, as well as the demand for tickets would be identical if anyone had bought us. The media just like to portray the narrative that we're all sportswashed fools. The celebration and demand is purely down to NUFC being Ashley-free for the first time in 14 years. Yes, the owners being wealthy does help, but I'd imagine 99% of fans would be desperate for a Season Ticket with more or less anyone owning the club tbh. Might be wrong.

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

They changed the system in 2018. Was fuming as I lost all my history as well.

They’ll never get it back either :(

By the way, that was the fucking height of unprofessionalism too. Update your details or sorry you lose your points. Like, come on- work out a way of doing it yourselves you cretins 

Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

Definitely. I have had similar conversations with clients over the past 6/7 months. I think the scenes outside SJP on takeover night, as well as the demand for tickets would be identical if anyone had bought us. The media just like to portray the narrative that we're all sportswashed fools. The celebration and demand is purely down to NUFC being Ashley-free for the first time in 14 years. Yes, the owners being wealthy does help, but I'd imagine 99% of fans would be desperate for a Season Ticket with more or less anyone owning the club tbh. Might be wrong.

Certainly the case for me

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I might be wrong, but I do think a huge part of this is the fact that we’re going to spend loads and start competing. If some generic American hedge fund were in charge, doing some limp social media stuff about Sunderland lol, I think these conversations would be very different. I know that it doesn’t apply to you and others though- really shit if people who stopped going genuinely to get rid of Ashley can’t get back in.

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

The fairest solution is no new season tickets until supply can keep up with demand (ie stadium expansion).

And no one knows what the demand will be so people might be getting their knickers in a twist over nothing 🙂

Thats why I said gauge what the demand would be from those that quit en masse after Rafa. Do the maths and decided they can cover it and reunite a fractured fan base with those who’ve been on the other side of the fence whilst meanwhile introducing the next generation of fans. Likelihood there will still be room for new STs on first come first served and match to match tickets afterwards.

Mind you. Ive a funny feeling they won’t put any more on sale other than any not renewed possibly.

They'll be looking to move away fans possibly, rail seating, increased tickets going to bigger and additional sponsors. The less commitment they have to ST holders and more flexibility for reconfiguration etc the better for them.

We’ll find out soon enough I guess.

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

I might be wrong, but I do think a huge part of this is the fact that we’re going to spend loads and start competing. If some generic American hedge fund were in charge, doing some limp social media stuff about Sunderland lol, I think these conversations would be very different. I know that it doesn’t apply to you and others though- really shit if people who stopped going genuinely to get rid of Ashley can’t get back in.

You could be right to be honest. But I just think when you've wanted something to happen for 13 years (after Keegan leaving was when it started), it was always going to be like it has been. I was worried my spark had completely gone, but it returned almost immediately. Imagine it was the same for others, but guess there are some who just had a smile to themselves without really giving too much of a fuck. It's sad the Ashley era done that to people.

The most sensible solution would be to not open season ticket sales for a few seasons

1. All the 10 year plans will end so every can pay the same

2. Allow them to address the bloated family enclosure section issue

3. Figure out the location of the safe standing area and the ticket transfers in/out of it

4. Reform the loyalty points system 

5. Start a ID vetted waiting list

6. Work on stadium move/expansion plans

Every game will sell out and everyone will have equal chance of getting one without the mistakes of a rushed through 22/23 ST plan. I know for a fact that there issues at the Box Office atm with exisiting season ticket holders so there is no chance anything will happen regarding new tickets for a significant period anyway

Edited by geordie_b

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

The most sensible solution would be to not open season ticket sales for a few seasons

1. All the 10 year plans will end so every can pay the same

2. Allow them to address the bloated family enclosure section issue

3. Figure out the location of the safe standing area and the ticket transfers in/out of it

4. Reform the loyalty points system 

5. Start a ID vetted waiting list

6. Work on stadium move/expansion plans

Every game will sell out and everyone will have equal chance of getting one without the mistakes of a rushed through 22/23 ST plan. I know for a fact that there a major issues with the Box Office atm with exisiting season ticket holders so there is no chance anything will happen regarding new tickets for a significant period anyway

What major issues do you mean?

21 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Aye, defo.

Mate of mine is a Liverpool season-ticket holder and they club faced a problem of many season-tickets being in relatively few hands as people preserved their title to the ticket but actually sold it on for a period, quasi black-market situation. They beefed up their id checks and have an improved system in place which my mate says works. Someone here may have more knowledge of it. Can you still just change the name of the season-ticket holder on the NUFC system by changing personal details in the account online?

Just now, Yassassin said:

Mate of mine is a Liverpool season-ticket holder and they club faced a problem of many season-tickets being in relatively few hands as people preserved their title to the ticket but actually sold it on for a period, quasi black-market situation. They beefed up their id checks and have an improved system in place which my mate says works. Someone here may have more knowledge of it. Can you still just change the name of the season-ticket holder on the NUFC system by changing personal details in the account online?

Not sure on that one, but I know a bloke who was on a seniors ticket, with 200+ loyalty points.

Because of covid he stopped going but his son took over the ticket in this renewal period. He was allowed to change category from a senior to an adult, and also keep all of the loyalty points. I was raging when I found out :lol:

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I borrowed a ST for the Wolves game and it’s just a scan at the turnstile, no one checked if it was me. 

The turnstile operator only sees category of ticket ie child, adult, senior etc apparently 

Used my dad's season ticket when he couldn't go for Burnley and Leicester, they don't check. I think in the rules and FAQs on the club site it says you can give your ST to family and mates but you can't sell on bought tickets iirc.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Not sure on that one, but I know a bloke who was on a seniors ticket, with 200+ loyalty points.

Because of covid he stopped going but his son took over the ticket in this renewal period. He was allowed to change category from a senior to an adult, and also keep all of the loyalty points. I was raging when I found out :lol:

It was definitely possible to amend every field, possibly up to the changes in 2018

1 minute ago, Yassassin said:

My own situation is that I have been away from the North East for years. I have always kept up my ticket to stave off homesickness as much as anything. It has cost me a fortune, obviously, and when I did give it up- 2019/2020- the games I saw over Christmas (where the combined cost of tickets was over a hundred quid) were the first games that Ashley’s ten thousand free-loaders got to enjoy. 

In a moment of post-covid emotion, sat having a pint in the Strawberry last year, I decided fuck it, texted my mate for our old seat details and went over to buy it back. It was a moment of spontaneity that I am of course grateful for. 

Post takeover is the only time anybody has been at all interested in taking my ticket match by match (I literally couldn’t give it away previously), and I have always charged under face value. If they want to do what Liverpool have done, fine, it will just be an empty seat.